Windlass Amerosport 320

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gmarr

Recruit
I'm looking at the purchase of a 1987 Chris Craft Amerosport. It does not have a Windlass and I think my old back will need one. Is it possible to install????

jrhamp

Recruit
(Not looking to sell..but a short summary of my new purchase)I just bought a 1987 (or perhaps a 1988) CC Amerosport 284. I have a trawler at the Navy base in Key West and decided to downscale somewhat, in part, because I wish to get to Cuba in 4-5 hours in lieu of 12-14 hours on the trawler. The boat is in excellent condition with two rebuilt Chevy 350 cu in short blocks with less than 50 hours on each. The boat is on a trailer and now parked on base where I intend to go over the boat, engine and outdrives to insure reliability. I paid $7500 for both the trailer (double axle) and boat. The trailer was purchased for $1500.

Money was not a real issue, but rather the fact, the boat was in excellent condition inside and had two engines..unlike the Sea Ray boats..they have one outdrive. With the Amerosport, I have two engines..so crossing the Straits of Florida seem less "stress" having two engines.

I am looking around for "parts"..just to have a resource...but, so far "no go"

If questions, let me know/R

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
(Not looking to sell..but a short summary of my new purchase)I just bought a 1987 (or perhaps a 1988) CC Amerosport 284. I have a trawler at the Navy base in Key West and decided to downscale somewhat, in part, because I wish to get to Cuba in 4-5 hours in lieu of 12-14 hours on the trawler. The boat is in excellent condition with two rebuilt Chevy 350 cu in short blocks with less than 50 hours on each. The boat is on a trailer and now parked on base where I intend to go over the boat, engine and outdrives to insure reliability. I paid $7500 for both the trailer (double axle) and boat. The trailer was purchased for $1500.

Money was not a real issue, but rather the fact, the boat was in excellent condition inside and had two engines..unlike the Sea Ray boats..they have one outdrive. With the Amerosport, I have two engines..so crossing the Straits of Florida seem less "stress" having two engines.

I am looking around for "parts"..just to have a resource...but, so far "no go"

If questions, let me know/R

This has nothing to do with Gmarr installing a windlass! It's a hijack of an inactive thread!

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.