Store Links Mobile - Shop Now

Announcement

Collapse

SITE MAINTENANCE

The iBoats Forums will be down for maintenance starting at 1 PM MST on 12/16/2017. The estimated amount of downtime is 3 hours. Thanks for being a part of the iBoats community!
See more
See less

Charger Boat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charger Boat

I just got this Charger Boat I had never heard of this kind before it is a 1984 v160 15.5 feet long seems to be a good boat, hevy but rides nice.

Re: Charger Boat

Hey there Burgerman! I'm glad to see someone else has a Charger besides me! d I have seen more of them in Missouri, especially around Table Rock. Probably because they are made in Missouri!. I have a 195VF that I bought new in 1991. I looked at boats for 5 years before I found this one. It is a great boat. Has a great ride. Empty hull weight is 1,400 #, that is most of the reason I guess. The keel is about 3-4 inches lower than the running pad, so in rough water, I can trim down and cut the waves and smoth them out. The storage is the best I have ever saw in any boat so far. I believe you will like your Charger, I know I sure do mine. I get complements on it all the time. There is a web site for them it is Charger.com or chargerboats.com, I don't remember which. Good fishing and boating to you.

Bdady

Comment

Wow, two charger boat owners.

I have one as well but much older. Mine is a mid1970's (If I remember correctly '76) tri-hull, center console, deckboat with a 1981, 115 hp evinrude. It's in pretty good shape for it's age. I believe a new floor will be in order in the next couple of years.

I called Charger Boats to get information on my hull. It turns out the factory had a fire that destroyed a lot of the records for their early models. I was able to speak with the guy that actually designed and built my hull. I thought that was kind of cool.

Take care.

SVDK

Comment

i have a 1986 charger with an evinrude xp150. that boat takes a lickin and keeps on tickin. it rides like a champ and weighs like a tank!

Comment

Hello, everyone! I'm new to boating and I just acquired a used boat. I haven't heard of Charger Boats until now, and it seems that they only make fishing boats now. It is a 1987 Charger, 18 footer, not sure of the model but it has "2050" on the side of the boat, and it is more of a ski boat. It has an Alpha One stern drive and 200 Hp Chevy 305 inboard engine. It needs alot of work (broken gimbel ring, stern drive is broken in pieces and parts are missing, interior need replaced and/or recovered, and a bunch of little things), but I hope to have it sea worthy for next spring. Have a good one!
          Attached Files

Comment

Does anyone have an phone number of a supplier for Charger Parts. I have a 1986 Charger 1850 that is just sitting and I need to have the interior replaced and/or recovered. The back cover is a mess and I am having trouble finding someone to repair it. I thought if I could find Parts for it I could replace it myself. Thanks

Comment

Bump! Just purchased a 1989 Charger DL! 800 pounds and is equiped with a 150hp blackmax merc! This thing is fast and tosses a huge rooster tail!

Comment

I too have a 747 charger bass boat and love it, looked at lot of boats and out of all it was the best for me,

Comment

I have a 1976 Charger, Tri Hull, Center console. Just put a 1981 90HP Merc on it. Still have to get it all connected up for this summers boating. I am looking for additional information on the boat. Specifically the information on the capacity plate. The one on the boat is so faded that you cannot read it. There has been a lot of work done to it since I got it and did real well with the 50 HP Merc, just needed a little more "Power". If you know of more information on this boat please get hold of me.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Beeched View Post
                    If you know of more information on this boat please get hold of me.
                    http://www.chargerboats.com/contact.htm

Talk to Michelle

Also vist BBC http://bbcboards.zeroforum.com/zeroforum?id=82

Comment

Thanks for the information. I did talk to Michelle and she emailed me a copy of a flyer on it. I did also make contact with SVDK from this forum who got a picture of the Spec Plate from his Charger AFC. His is the only other one that I have found so far in over a year now. I am going to use his picture and have a new plate made for my boat. Here is a link to some pictures and the information I have gathered so far. For the most part it covers all that I was looking for.

Thanks for the information and reply, it is really appreciated!!

http://s442.photobucket.com/albums/qq141/1_Richard/

Comment

Comment

I too have a Charger Boat it's an 84 16' with a 70 Johnson.
                          I don't know the model.
                          Hello fellow Charger owners
                          Regal 2100 LSR 5.0L EFI
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_233061_1446139230849_914[/ATTACH]

Comment

my boat before this one was a 747xlt and loved it. Was a terrific boat

Comment

Hey guys, just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in on Charger Boats. I've got a 2000 375T Fish and Ski. What a great rig! At 19'-4" with a 200 Mercury EFI on the back and a SS power prop I can still get 55+mph out of her! Stable as a rock. And she planes off in less than 5 secs.! I think with the right prop it's a legitimate 70mph boat. But alas I have to sell her. Really too bad. Have a great time on the water!

Comment

Working...
                              X