Store Links Mobile - Shop Now

Announcement

Collapse

SITE MAINTENANCE

The iBoats Forums will be down for maintenance starting at 1 PM MST on 12/16/2017. The estimated amount of downtime is 3 hours. Thanks for being a part of the iBoats community!
See more
See less

purchasing a 1993 Chaparral 180 Limited Sport with non running Mercruiser 3.0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• purchasing a 1993 Chaparral 180 Limited Sport with non running Mercruiser 3.0

Hi
    I am going to purchase a 93 Chaparral 180 Limited Sport with a non running Mercruiser 3.0. The boat is in vary good condition, however I'm not familiar with this brand, but I like the look of it.

I would appreciate any information I can get on this boat, good or bad

The po stated that never had a problem with the engine, except for last summer. It started skipping, and water was in the oil. I don't know more than that about the engine.

I have found out by searching this site that the 3.0 is a slug of a motor, and that the engine could have a possible cracked block, and that the alpha drive is a good one, the boat struggles to pull skiers up,

pics to look at

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Re: purchasing a 1993 Chaparral 180 Limited Sport with non running Mercruiser 3.0

just purchased it, and got her home

Now on to checking into the engine issue, lots of info on ths Mercruiser 3.0 here. I will start my search

Comment

Working...
    X