Removing 215 seats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

claydubois

Recruit
I just bought a beautiful 2006 Chaparral 215 SSI and we are loving it. The only thing we need to do to the boat is re-upholster the rear seats. Our boat has the removable rear seats on each side and a stationary center bench seat on top of the engine box. I have already removed and reupholstered the removable seats and the small stbd back rest seat that is mounting to screws to the small door. But I cannot for the world figure out how to remove the center engine box seat, its back rest and the small port backrest. There are not screws that I can find that attach the engine box seat to the top of the box. And I cannot seem to find any screws that attach the other two backrests. Has anyone ever removed these before? I thought they may be glued in place but am scared to start prying in fear of cracking the fiberglass. Any ideas?

macmcdowell

Recruit
I just bought a beautiful 2006 Chaparral 215 SSI and we are loving it. The only thing we need to do to the boat is re-upholster the rear seats. Our boat has the removable rear seats on each side and a stationary center bench seat on top of the engine box. I have already removed and reupholstered the removable seats and the small stbd back rest seat that is mounting to screws to the small door. But I cannot for the world figure out how to remove the center engine box seat, its back rest and the small port backrest. There are not screws that I can find that attach the engine box seat to the top of the box. And I cannot seem to find any screws that attach the other two backrests. Has anyone ever removed these before? I thought they may be glued in place but am scared to start prying in fear of cracking the fiberglass. Any ideas?
did you ever get a reply for removing the seats? I have a 2004 215 and there are screws and bolts under the sound proofing insulation in the engine compartment hatch and 4 bolts for the port back rest one that I do not know how to access. Please respond if you ever found out.

alldodge

Staff member
claydubois has not been seen since 2012. Please read forum rules, threads older then 90 days shall not be posted in unless it's the original poster

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.