1991 Chaparral 1800 SL

DriftingAway

Cadet
Hey whats up everyone? Just joined the forum, just bought my first boat. 1991 1800 SL with a Mercruiser 3.0LX with an Alpha One outdrive. I m having some issues with it but thats a whole different thread. My question to my fellow Chaparral owners is where can i find replacement parts? Such as interior trim pieces like around the ignition. I also need a wiring diagram so i can rewire the radio and speakers. I also need to fix the horn and bow lights. Overall its a nice first boat I am just having trouble finding anything about it on the net. Owners manual, engine compartment diagrams and whatnot. Thanks in advance for any and all advice and let me know what you think of my first boat!!! Soon as the weather clears ill get some pics up.

ktbarrentine

Lieutenant
Re: 1991 Chaparral 1800 SL

Hiya! And welcome to the forum. You'll get lots of questions answered here, and make sure you visit the stickies at the top of mercruiser area (download all the free stuff you can pertaining to your motor, drive, carb, etc.) Aside from this magnificent site, I also belong to the Chaparral owners forum (google it and it should come up for you). (I own a 1990 Chap 5.0l/Alpha1). There you should get lots of specific info you are looking for regarding cosmetics, trim, etc. Pay close attention to guys like Bond-o, Achris, Don S, Ziggy (just to name a few). They rock! Happy boating!

littlebookworm

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1991 Chaparral 1800 SL

Congratulations on your "new" boat. As KT said, look around the forum and you'll find a great deal of info and help. I also recommend you jump over to ChaparralOwners forum at Yahoo. You'll find owner's manuals, photos, diagrams, and experience, I'm over there, as well. We've got a 2000 Signature 240 cruiser, but there are many people there with boats similar to yours. See you there. Hy