Is there a difference between SS & SST models that would affect sizing of a cover?

DBCooper

Cadet
Is there a difference between SS & SST models that would affect sizing of a cover?

I have a 95 2130 SST (Anniv Edition) and I am looking to order a custom full cover for the boat. When researching prices, I am seeing a difference in the price of custom covers when entering the boat model between SS and SST and I am wondering what the difference in the models are that would drive a difference in the cover (and failing to see one). From a size perspective, both are 20' 6" with an 8'4" beam. The difference in price between the covers is over $100.

Thanks in advance.

DB

DBCooper

Cadet
Re: Is there a difference between SS & SST models that would affect sizing of a cover

Re: Is there a difference between SS & SST models that would affect sizing of a cover

and does anyone have any experience with the custom and semi-custom covers sold by iboats.com? Taylor Made, Endura, Westland, or Shoremaster -- any to stay away from???

TilliamWe

Banned

I can't think of any hull/deck differences. It's all about the trim. Maybe the seating is different and such, but that wouldn't affect a cover. Try going on boattrader.com or some other site and look up 2130 models of similiar years (I know they were made at least through 1997) and see if photos of them show any obvious differences. Then, see what the return policy is, get the cheaper cover and return it if it doesn't fit for some reason.

No experience with any of the covers on here, or anywhere else, sorry.