Noob seeking opinions on choice of boat

flsooner

Recruit
Hey guys, I am not entirely new to boating, but it has been a while since I have owned anything other than a jet ski. I am almost certain that I will be purchasing a 2005 210ssi from a private party. I am going this afternoon to look at it, and was wondering of any instant "run away" issues I should look for. He is asking WAY under NADA value (states financial issues due to recent divorce). I know it has the Volvo 4.3 (400 hours), galvanized tandem axle trailer and a bimini top, but that is about it. It looks clean from recent pics, but we will be float testing today. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

littlebookworm

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Noob seeking opinions on choice of boat

Welocme to the forum and to, possibly, Chaparral. Get a survey or at least have it checked out by a marine mechanic. If you do buy it, get the service manuals for the engine and the outdrive. An I/O is very different from an outboard. If you go over to the Chaparral Owners Forum, you can get free downloads of the manuals and even an owners manual, as well as many knowledgable owners. See you there. Good luck with your boat. Hy