1972 Century Raven OB w 65hp may follow me home this week..

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbcurt00

Staff member
I am working on a '60 FireFlite and need to replace my trailer, my thread is in my signature. In the search for a trailer, I found this 1972 Century Raven for sale. It is unique in that it is less then 25 miles away, usually I'm searching 180-250 miles away, and it's priced to move & NEQ/OBO.

I like the sleek lines & slightly raked windshield....

It has a new battery, bilge pump, tires, winch, winch post & trailer jack, starts, runs, and floats..... So maybe use this for Spring & Summer 2012, while I finish the FireFlite. It does seem to be under powered w/ a 65hp, since it's rated for 120hp. Not a lot of info available for '72 Raven OB's, or at least not w/ pix to confirm it's a 72 Raven.

We'll see, I haven't gotten a response to my 2nd email w/ additional questions....

Attachments

• Century Raven1.jpg
    Century Raven1.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Century Raven2.jpg
    Century Raven2.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 0

jbcurt00

Staff member
Re: 1972 Century Raven OB w 65hp may follow me home this week..

I can't seem to find much info about the 1972 Raven 17'. Anybody got any info or photos? Esp of interiors & shots towards the bow & under the dash. I still haven't gotten a response to email, but HIN was 1 of the questions. But there may not be 1, it looks like they didn't start until Nov 1972, and may have also had a mid-year model change in 1972. The CenturyBoatClub has some info but not much. Found 1 17' (16' 6" in 1 place, 16' 9" in another I/O in Michigan thats for sale & red. From the bow & stern they seem similar enough.

I plan to take a camera with me & see it this week.... So we'll see if I need to do a little remodeling on the dog house so I'll be comfortable thru the rest of the winter................

smclear

Chief Petty Officer

Try calling the guys at A&A Marine. Started by a bunch of old Century employees when Century moved their plant from Michigan to Florida. They can answer most any Century related question. They also sell parts. Many of which are N.O.S. and a lot are made from the original dies and such. Check them out at www.classicboating.com.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Well that explains the slow reply, out of town through Fri/Sat. No one to show me the boat, so it may be a week or 2. It's been for sale for quite awhile, so it will probably still be for sale when he & I can get together and see it. So.....................

jbcurt00

Staff member
1972 Century Raven OB anybody got 1, photos, opinions?

1972 Century Raven OB anybody got 1, photos, opinions?

Changed title..............

jbcurt00

Staff member
Re: 1972 Century Raven OB anybody got 1, photos, opinions?

Re: 1972 Century Raven OB anybody got 1, photos, opinions?

Well,
It's official. I have a 2nd boat, and this Century shall not be joining our boathouse.

Good luck w/ your project, to any and all hope stop by.

Thanks

Note to Moderators: PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD. JC

Status
Not open for further replies.