Century 5000 Sun Express

kd mandu

Recruit
Hello; a new member of iboats. Have just about decided to purchase a used boat, looking for 20 - 26 ft. with some overnite capabilities for inland lakes. I have very little specific knowledge of boats and, so, am indebted to this forum for providing a lot of information to help with my decision. I have come across some nice older Century boats (late seventies to mid eighties) in the 4000-5000 series. I found some pretty good information on these, but just ran into something called a 5000 Sun Express and can't seem to find much info about it. Anyone have any experience/info about these. It seems like it might be a little better setup for overnite than the cuddies, but I've also gotten a slight impression that this might have been a "cheaper" model. Anyway, thanks for any information...and, again, thanks for being a very informative and helpful forum. KD

purdueosch

Recruit
Re: Century 5000 Sun Express

Hi KD,
Did you ever buy a Century boat? I just bought a 1984 Century 5000 Sun Express that was babied all of it's life. Love the boat! It runs well, and is also made very well. The windshield wiper even works without any problems! I think my dad even likes my boat over his newer 2006 Bayliner Discovery. :)

-Matt

peaknsea

Recruit
Re: Century 5000 Sun Express

We have owned a 1984 Century 5000 Sun Express since around 1995 and have enjoyed it immensely. It currently resides in Colorado where I live (North of Denver). It has made many trips back East (towed), been to Tangier Island (Chesapeake Bay) and off the coast of Virginia Beach many times. It has also been to Catalina Island (CA) and I'm not sure how many trips to Lake Powell, Utah. Lost count . . .

Hope you enjoy your boat as much as we have. We recently sold a boat that we owned in Pueblo Reservoir (CO) that we also enjoyed but opted to sell rather than transport (38.5 ft. Bayliner motoryacht) so the Century is our only vessel now.:)