New Century 2600 owner!!

scjmc

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Just took delivery of my new (to me) 1997 2600. Anyone else on this forum?

DiveCuda

Recruit
Re: New Century 2600 owner!!

We purchased a "new" Century 2600 WA in Jan 09 fm a dealer in Key Largo we knew was closing, bankruptcy. The boat is solid, but we've had some problems with warranty work. There are two dealers in the area, but neither are very interested in servicing a non-customer. We have called the factory several times, only receiving marginal answers. Primary issues have been the A/C being non-functional and we have an electical outlet that may or may not work...could be the inverter, could need a new outlet. Anyway, the boat drives like a champ. We have the two 150HP Yamaha's. Primarily we stay on Tampa Bay, but she's a great coastal boat. I'm sure we'll be down in the Keys this summer...if we can get the Air Conditioner fixed first that is....

scjmc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Im glad you like your boat. I have called the manufacturer a couple of times and they have been helpful. I agree the boat is solid and rides well. My power outlet in my head does not work, if that makes you feel any better! Good luck on the warranty work. Hope to see you in the Keys!

inthewater2008

Recruit

scjmc,

Checking in. How do you like your "new" century?:) I am looking for feedback since I am looking at a 1999 2600 WA. Twin 225's 2strokes.

scjmc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I like the boat a lot. I have used it quite a bit. I have redone much of the plumbing and wiring. 12 year old boat, so its time for some "feel better" maintenance. My main problem is being underpowered. I also have some issued with the deck failing around the center console. I called Century, and they said that deck problems are not common. Overall I am impressed with the boat and am happy for my purchase (I got a good deal). Oh yeah, one more gripe--this is an extremily wet boat for a 26 footer...

scjmc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well, replacing deck now...... I can't find anyone else who has had deck failure, so I guess it's just me.