1988 Celebrity 210V

Stepney55

Cadet
Hi all just bought an '88 210V. From my dealer/mechanic. Not very familiar with Celebrity but they seem pretty prolific in my parts Chicago. He had 2 an 87 and 88. The 88 was in better cosmetic shape so we bought it. How long did the company exist I need a bit of technical info on it too. About how much does it weigh. It has a 4 cylinder mercruiser engine. We have taken it out 3 times. Each time it randomly stalls on us and refuses to start. Our dealer says he will take it out on the lake and figure out whats wrong. Just before we bought it, the under the engine rotted out and he had to take the whole thing out and replace all that. He thinks he did something wrong because it ran fine before and the previous owner works at the shop as well. After a few hours the engine starts and runs fine. Other than that great boat.

BigSteve1967

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 1988 Celebrity 210V

I bought the same Boat a few months ago and I love love love it....it handles well in rough water and has plenty of room for my family of 6(2 teenage daughters 1 2 year old daughter my 3 month old son and my wife and myself) I went from a 18 foot Invader bowrider to this one mine has the 200hp 305 in it though......if you have any pics of your boat maybe you could post them I would love to see them........the reason I bought this boat was because I just love the lines on it they look so sleek........as for your engine problem I cant help you but it looks like the guy you bought it from will take care of you.....good luck with it.

Steve

Stepney55

Cadet

Yeah here are a few pics of mine. Ignore the fact that it was being towed by a minivan. After a month of towing the boat the van died. As a temporary solution I bought a '77 Chevy half ton for the job. And plan to buy a Tundra or Titan next year. We got quite a few looks on a busy day with the van. I backed the boat in funny and had to pull up and back down again. The only fwd vehical in the lot the closest think to a minivan was a Volvo Suv towing a ski doo. But the front wheels were slipping there was lots of screeching of tires and engines reving getting it in the water. Great boat though. What else do you have to say of it. It handles fine for us on Lake Michigan.

100_0865.jpg

100_0870.jpg

100_0857.jpg

chris20516

Recruit

if your outdrive has a hydrofoil (fin) attached to it try takeing that off. The hydrofoil tends to spit small parts of water up and it might be water getting into your gas.

TechyOne

Recruit

Hi All...

Just bought a 88' Celebrity 210V Cuddy on Friday. So far so good. The boat seems to have very low hours on it if its accurate 258 hours and is exceptionally clean.. not so much as a nick or deep scratch in the hull.

Being new to this boat I'm trying to find out as much as I can spec wise about it. The boat has a 5.7L Mercruiser. Considering the price of gas a 4-cylinder would have been more welcome but this boat was way to clean to pass up.

Any way the spec I'm really trying to determine is what the fuel capacity is for this boat. My last boat was a Galaxy cuddy 22.6 and it had 50 gallon fuel and 30 gallon fresh water tanks. Since the Celebrity doesn't have a fresh water tank I'm hoping it has close to a 50-gallon fuel tank especially with the bigger motor.

Sorry for the rambling.. any help in determining the fuel capacity would be appreciated.

Thanks!

gandl2123

Cadet

I have a 1987 Cuddy Cabin 210V and I'm having problems with the electrical side of it. Can anyone give me a good website to go to so that I can track down some electrical problems?

Tks

Mr. Tripp
Augusta, GA

corystovall

Recruit

I just bought the same boat different color and love it. It was discounted due to some interior issues, a soft spot near the engine (easy fix) and the instrument cluster panel does not work. It runs fine but I would like to fix/replace the instrument cluster panel. I have no indication of temp, fuel, oil etc. Is there a link or a place that I could find a replacement? It may be an easy fix, i've only had it a couple of days but with out a wiring diagram, I am lost. The fuses are good but it appears that some additional accessories were added and foriegn wires were tied in (several) making it difficult to trace the necessary ones. Also with the inverter and shore power panel, it adds to the chaos. It runs fine which is the most important factor, but i would really love to be able to monitor the health of the engine. Also, the large sqaure window to the left of the steering wheel is completely black, what is the function of this indicator??

Last edited:

Lon Johnson

Recruit

I have a 1989 215 looking to restore the orginal look. I see that you have the teak rails on your bow. My doors to the cuddy are now plastic. I have teak trim on the windshield and swimplateform railing. Is your floor teak? I do not know what the original interoir looked like. The top entrance to the cuddy is also plastic and gluded shut. Does yours flip up to get on the deck?

Rodnator

Cadet

I have the same boat a 1988 Celebrity 210V that I have just finished an extensive restoration. New Transom, complete new flooran underling support sustem, new interior, new 5.7 longblock with an edelbrock 600cfm 1409 marine Carb K&N flame arrestor. I love the lines the most and it has been a 2 year labor of love. I can give you as many pictures as you need to do an accurate interior restore. I have learned a great deal about my boat in the process and think it is better and stronger now than it was ever intended to be by the factory, It flys and has avery smooth ride with pin[point handling here are a couple of interior pics since I finished and can give you any details or answers about the boat.
View attachment 106215
View attachment 106216
View attachment 106217
View attachment 106218View attachment 106219

Rodnator

Cadet

I have the same boat a 1988 Celebrity 210V that I have just finished an extensive restoration. New Transom, complete new flooran underling support sustem, new interior, new 5.7 longblock with an edelbrock 600cfm 1409 marine Carb K&N flame arrestor. I love the lines the most and it has been a 2 year labor of love. I can give you as many pictures as you need to do an accurate interior restore. I have learned a great deal about my boat in the process and think it is better and stronger now than it was ever intended to be by the factory, It flys and has avery smooth ride with pin[point handling here are a couple of interior pics since I finished and can give you any details or answers about the boat.
View attachment 106220View attachment 106221View attachment 106222View attachment 106223View attachment 106224