Celebrity Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

pterrio

Recruit
Re: Celebrity Talk

I live in Minnetrista, MN. Western end of Lake Minnetonka! Just got her out of storage yesterday!!!!!

Packers4ever

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I thought maybe you lived in Ontario, I could help with a couple of magazines but there not in the US, have you checked the "boats for sale" section of this forum??

Packers4ever

Petty Officer 2nd Class

PTerrio, there is a 24ft celebrity cruiser for sale if you click on Boat classifieds up top of page, and search cruisers 0-25 feet it's near the end of page 3 or 4.

Good Luck :)

Hey guys......... 22.5 1997 celebrity 220......with 1995 tandem axle trailer with surge brakes for sale here in Michigan for 13,500. Boat has the 5.7 merc {85 hrs on remanufactured merc engine replaced 4 years ago at 85 hrs for a total of apprx 170 hrs total}.

It's been a great boat and we get alot of compliments on it. So, If you know anyone interested... We are selling only because of a move out of state..otherwise I would keep it forever... see pics below if I added them correctly:

E-mail is Heath_DeShano@yahoo.com

Attachments

• Boat~7.jpg
    Boat~7.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 0
  • boat~sin or swim.jpg
    boat~sin or swim.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 0
  • boat~name.JPG
    boat~name.JPG
    13.1 KB · Views: 0

d thomson

Recruit

I just bought a 1997 19 foot bow rider. Boat is in mint condition, hardly used. Any idea where I could get information on the boat. I would love to get my hands on a brochure. I can't wait to get the boat in the water !

Packers4ever

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Congrats on the new boat!!! I have a 1997 180 BR...Celebrity has been out of business for quite some time Good Luck finding any brochures, if you do let us know.

Wagnersita

Recruit

We bought an 89 open-bow celebrity last year. We are very happy with the purchase and have had many great weekends on the water!

The one problem we have is the boat rides really rough. Seems like it almost oscillates in choppy water. She cuts through larger wake fine, but rough water, where you can't necessarily see the waves, the bow wants to ride up and down even with the trim all the way down. (If all that makes sense.)

Any advice? Is this just a bad hull design? It's also been suggested we try a whale tail on it... are these effective?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

stevieray

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Forget the whale tail - period. You can try experimenting with the trim -trimming out some into a "sweet spot" may eliminate the "porpoising" you describe. If you can't get good results, look into Smart Tabs - there is a load of info on them in the Boat Topics forum. A honcho from Smart Tabs (jdeagro) posts in there quite a bit.

stockdaled

Recruit

I bought a new Celebrity 188V with 350(260hp) in 1984 and still love it. Mechanically it's in very good shape but I need cosmetic parts. Does anyone know where to get replacement seats and other various parts? Thanks.

stockdaled@ihs.org

My-SS

Cadet

stockdaled

Sounds like I bought the same boat'

Here's what i did.

Boat_4_30_07_6.jpg

Boat_4_30.jpg

Boat_4_30_07_1.jpg

Boat_4_30_07_3.jpg

eriediver

Petty Officer 3rd Class

My SS, that's a sweet looking ride. Interior looks awesome.

I have an 89 27 footer & love my Celeb.

Seen on the first page was mentioned. There was a period in the late 80s early 90 where Crownline was making their hulls. Solid boats.

Well heres My 1996 Celebrity Firestar,
Its got a 7.4 L 454cc Merc with a Bravo 1 Outdirve and a 4 blade stainless steel prop, top speed on a good day is 65 MPH, other thingsour trim tabs, SWEET Corsa Exhaust system, and thats about it, nothing else really important to speak of.

Enjoy

Attachments

• pic back up 431.jpg
    pic back up 431.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 0
  • pic back up 514.jpg
    pic back up 514.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 0
  • pic back up 494.jpg
    pic back up 494.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 0

My-SS

Cadet

ferrari
How long is your boat?
I am thinking about putting a 500 cu.in. LSX Gen III engine in mine. (19 ft)
with a Bravo 3 I just picked up.

The LXS will weigh about what a small block does, and makes power
rediculously easy.
FINALLY found marine exhaust manifold from WASP in New Zealand.

With a 350, mine tops out about 62. Kinda worried about top speed stability
with too much power.

I have a 98 Celebrity Bombadier 200 Bowrider. It has the 5.7 i/o. I really love the boat but it would be nice to be able to find parts....

I see someone else here was missing the air-intake plastic cover that reads 200 from the drivers side. Can't find one for the LIFE of me.

DSCN4254.jpg

My-SS

Cadet

I was replacing the trim sensor and limit sender on my boat this weekend.
That's a fun job for someone else to do!

I am also replacing the exhaust manifolds with GPM Alum. Manifolds.

While I was working on the motor, I noticed one of the ID tags on the air cleaner said "Mercruiser, a division of Brunswick"..

So I am happy that my Celebrity is powered by a Harley!!! HA!!
Made by Chevy!!:cool:

However, when Brunswick owned Harley, Harley was a piece of crap..

So mine is ALL Chevy!!;)

And sunk by Danny!!!:rolleyes:

brussell

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I have my eye on an '88 Celebrity stratos 180 with a 350 in it. It says Crownline on the trailer. Anybody got a clue what this thing may be worth? It's been stored indoors..

DaleRox

Recruit

Well heres My 1996 Celebrity Firestar,
Its got a 7.4 L 454cc Merc with a Bravo 1 Outdirve and a 4 blade stainless steel prop, top speed on a good day is 65 MPH, other thingsour trim tabs, SWEET Corsa Exhaust system, and thats about it, nothing else really important to speak of.

Enjoy

Is it for Sale?

Dale

Sold my 89 Searay to buy a newer bigger boat. Instead I went older with a 1985 Celeb 21' bowrider with the 350 engine. Freind had it and was moving to Colo. Practically gave it away so I am spending time and money on it. Pretty well fixed up now. Got a minor engine problem with a sensor. Might have it fixed in time for the weekend. Nice shape for an older boat. Mine's too heavy in the back. I was going to add trim tabs but my mech said try a whale tail first. I'll try and get some pics.
Let's hear from some more Celeb owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.