Thunderbird Seminole question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunderbird Seminole question

I have a 17' Thunderbird Seminole (cathedral hull) boat. I have been unable to determine the exact year of it. By comparing serial numbers of other Seminoles found on the internet I estimate that is a late 60's or early 70's. My question is the maximum rated HP (outboard). My ID tag states the max is 160 HP, but the others that I have checked are rated at 100 HP. Is it possible that there were different specs for this boat model?

Re: Thunderbird Seminole question

Let me add to my question, does anyone have a Thunderbird Seminole with a HP rating (outboard) of 160 HP?

Comment

I myself just purchased some sort of Thunderbird Cathedral Hull. Like many others I am having a difficult time finding information on what my boat is for sure. The Serial # is CY66521 so I would assume that it is a 1966 Cheyenne but i'm really not sure. Any information about my boat would be great. This is my first boat, and I have been fixing it up as much as possible, hoping to get it on the water this summer. Would you happen to have any info/resources? Thanks.

-Dave

Comment

Originally posted by david.barnick View Post
        I myself just purchased some sort of Thunderbird Cathedral Hull. Like many others I am having a difficult time finding information on what my boat is for sure. The Serial # is CY66521 so I would assume that it is a 1966 Cheyenne but i'm really not sure. Any information about my boat would be great. This is my first boat, and I have been fixing it up as much as possible, hoping to get it on the water this summer. Would you happen to have any info/resources? Thanks.

-Dave
        The old 60's and early 70's cathedral hulls are great boats. They were built extremely well in those years. I have done a lot of research on my Seminole. I am presently restoring it. I think that you are right about it being a 66 model based on the serial no. There is a lot of good info on the fiberglassics.com websitewww.figerglassics.com. Good luck.

Tom

Comment

Working...
        X