X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1976 Carver Santa Cruz Propane Tank

Hi All-

I recently acquired a 76 Carver Santa Cruz 28, but for the life of me, I can't seem to locate where the propane tank is stored on her for the galley stove. There's a copper tube fed into the supply of the stove, but I can't see it running fore or aft. Typically, these have a 3 gl bottle - my thought would have been on the starboard side of the engine compartment, but I am not seeing a line or regulator. Any tips would be appreciated!

no details and only can go back to 1980 but wanted to make sure you had this

http://carveryachts.com/wp-content/u...ta-Cruz_80.pdf

and this

http://carveryachts.com/wp-content/u...12/01/1976.pdf

1979 Carver Montego 2357 | 260 Mercruiser upgraded to Alpha | 2006 Nissan 15hp kicker

Girls cry and boys fart in front of friends, but girls fart and boys cry in front of true friends.

Comment

usually the propane tanks are stored in an outside hatch with a vent to atmosphere at the bottom of the well.

Call tech support Carver Yachts at +1-920-822-3214 or +1-800-231-8978

the brochures that Joe posted have the phone number prior to the split up of the 414 area code back in the late 80's
      1988 Cruisers Rogue 2420 -VP 290 DP now powered by custom 468 - http://forums.iboats.com/forum/owner...988-rogue-2420

Past Boats
      1970 Wooster Hellion - Merc 9.8
      2002 SeaRay 190BR - 5.0 - A1G2 - "Cheasheads in Paradise"
      1984 Avanti 170DLI -3.0 stringer- "Ship Happens"

What’s behind you doesn’t matter.Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Thank you guys!

Comment

and welcome to the forum. by your screen name you've been wanting a boat (or a big one) and 'at last' you got it?
          1979 Carver Montego 2357 | 260 Mercruiser upgraded to Alpha | 2006 Nissan 15hp kicker

Girls cry and boys fart in front of friends, but girls fart and boys cry in front of true friends.

Comment

Thanks Joe. I've had my share of boats around, the largest being 125'. The name of my latest acquisition is At Last. She's a sweet little Carver that is just about the right size for my family, and not too crazy for slip fees. I'm still learning the nuances of her though. :-) Click image for larger version

Name:	carver.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	205203

Comment

only 125'? man up and get a real boat....

We downsized from a 34' 13' beam to the one below and my favorite boat so far.

Comment

I know. I needed something with a little less fuel burn. :-) I had a Bayliner 34' Avanti and with the twin 454's it would end up being a $500 run to go get pizza. The Santa Cruz was in great shape - maintained by an older couple. I'm chasing a few gremlins, but I've fared much worse. :-)

Comment

Really???? A 34' BayHole Avanti? possibly an '89? something like this:

with risers like this on twin US Marine 454's?

thats what we just sold last fall. .8 mpg - a weekend trip to the dam and back (28 mile round trip) was a pricey little thing. I get about 3 now.

Comment

That's it! Mine was an 87' that was left for dead. Resurrected it and ended up selling her off. Very happy with my little rig now. A 6 hour cruise upstream burned about 1/4 tank. I can live with that. :-)

Comment

Actually ours WAS an 87 as well. The previous boat was an 89. Now i'm in a 79 - as I get older so do my boats....

Yeah loved ours, wouldn't trade the time with it but sure am happy now, especially having one back on a trailer. Run all day on plane, actually getting somewhere, for the same as a trip to our weekend cove used to be.

Looked over your specs, interesting you show 1400 lbs heavier than ours and of course larger but comes with all the same power options. Performance data with the 260 show top ends at 37 mph. Not bad. Mine shows 43 top end but I only get 37. Not sure what prop I have.

Anyway, nice boat and enjoy.
                      Last edited by redneck joe; August 7th, 2014, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X