1997 Carver 355 Mariner Auxiliary Fuel Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhassan

Recruit
Hello,

I am a new boater. My 1997 Carver 355 Mariner has a 110 gallon auxiliary fuel tank in the back. When does this tank "kick in", i.e. get used? Does it automatically get used by the boat when the starboard and port fuel tanks (one for each engine) are fully empty or if one of them is empty? Do I need to "switch" it on? I couldn't find any information on it. I asked the marina and a captain and they said "it depends on the boat". Hoping someone can help me here who has/had this particular boat.

Thanks much for your assistance

Ericiji

Recruit
Re: 1997 Carver 355 Mariner Auxiliary Fuel Tank

Hello,

I am a new boater. My 1997 Carver 355 Mariner has a 110 gallon auxiliary fuel tank in the back. When does this tank "kick in", i.e. get used? Does it automatically get used by the boat when the starboard and port fuel tanks (one for each engine) are fully empty or if one of them is empty? Do I need to "switch" it on? I couldn't find any information on it. I asked the marina and a captain and they said "it depends on the boat". Hoping someone can help me here who has/had this particular boat.

Thanks much for your assistance

I'm assuming you have found your answer by now. If not, here it is:

There is are switching valves forward of your generator. Each engine can run on its respective side tank or the aux tank. YOU do the switching, there is no automatic selection.

Happy boating!

Status
Not open for further replies.