Carver Riviera Air Conditioning- Sizing/Install/ducting????? Carpet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarverKevin

Recruit
Hello. I have a1984 28 Carver Riviera that I have been bringing back to form. I would like to install A/C this spring, and am not sure how to start sizing the unit. The boat has a front and aft cabin, so I'm guessing I'd have to size a single unit for both cabins, and run ducting through the engine compartment (Mid-mounted straightline screws). Does anyone know where I should start?

Also- Carver used an interior non-backed carpeting for the walls on older models. I have not been able to find replacement carpet. Any help would be appreciated.

Very Happy Carver Owner.......

Attachments

• Reduced Size Pic.jpg
    Reduced Size Pic.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 0

Tegracars

Recruit
Re: Carver Riviera Air Conditioning- Sizing/Install/ducting????? Carpet?

I installed AC/Heat on my Carver Riviera. The Heat pump is installed inside storage under seat on the Port side. Vent for forward cabin is on through the cupboard next to the head and ducting right through to the aft cabin. It's great except for controlling aft temperature. all controls are on wall of cupboard.

I also replaced the carpet this year with Marine Moonshine Berber with rubber backing. A lot of work for nothing, not easy to bend carpet in curvy areas. regular carpet will do. Its not as if it ever gets wet inside forward and aft cabins unless you bring it in yourself or left windows open.

Hello. I have a1984 28 Carver Riviera that I have been bringing back to form. I would like to install A/C this spring, and am not sure how to start sizing the unit. The boat has a front and aft cabin, so I'm guessing I'd have to size a single unit for both cabins, and run ducting through the engine compartment (Mid-mounted straightline screws). Does anyone know where I should start?

Also- Carver used an interior non-backed carpeting for the walls on older models. I have not been able to find replacement carpet. Any help would be appreciated.

Very Happy Carver Owner.......

Status
Not open for further replies.