1970's Era Carver logo hull/name plate emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

eselgar

Cadet
Hi,

I'm looking for a pair of the 1970's style nameplates emblems that were used on the Carvers from that time. I'm keeping an eye on ebay and the usual, but thought maybe somebody might be parting out an older disco-era carver cruiser.

The boat I am looking to install it on is a 1975 Carver Monterey 3385, but I think anything from a similar cruiser around that time would be the same.

I got a picture off the internet that shows what the Carver emblem looks like.

Thanks,
Eric

Attachments

• carverlogo.jpg
    carverlogo.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Port2.jpg
    Port2.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

jsanderspc

Cadet
Re: 1970's Era Carver logo hull/name plate emblem

I realize this reply is 5 months after your post. My 78 Mariner has these logos. They were less than perfect when I bought the boat 9 years ago, but I have since refinished them. If you still have the old ones, I can tell you what I did to refresh mine. The black plastic was fine since I think its black all the way through, but the outline paint was worn off. I scuffed the outline with some light sandpaper and found some gold metallic spray paint, painted a flat piece of cardboard with a thick coat, then carefully placed the logos upside-down on the wet paint and carefully removed them. They came out perfect. I think the original outline was silver, but the gold made them look really nice. If you still need them, I'll keep my eye out for a scrapped boat since there are quite a few Carvers in my area.

Good Luck.

eselgar

Cadet

Thanks, unfortunately, mine are completely missing and the previous owner simply used some other lettering to spell out Carver. I would love to find some old ones to restore.

rc_boat

Recruit

Hi, I am new this boat site, and happen to see your request for a old Carver logo. I had a person recently contact me to reproduce this logo. If you are interested, I can make one for you too. I will have pictures of machine made logo soon.

Thanks

ssmit74

Recruit

Hi, I am new this boat site, and happen to see your request for a old Carver logo. I had a person recently contact me to reproduce this logo. If you are interested, I can make one for you too. I will have pictures of machine made logo soon.

Thanks

I too am interested. I have a 79 mariner and one of my emblems is broken. Please let me know if I could get a pair as well. Thanks-ssmit74@bellsouth.net

Chip Chester

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Actually, me too... depending on the style. I have an early 60s 16' Carver, that actually had a gold foil embossed sticker at the rear. Logo was the stylized, angular C shown in the pics. Somewhere (!) I have a scaled photo of the sticker, but it will take me at least 2 weeks to find it, I'm sure. If you can post a pic with sizes of the graphic you have, that would help me decide. (Feel free to overlay "sample" on it or whatever...) I could then size it and print it out to determine the scale I need. On my boat, it needs to sit comfortably within one strake. Some idea of cost would also be helpful...

Chip

Jntfj80

Recruit

Hello All,

I have a 1979 mariner 3396. I too, need an emblem. Well, I'm having a friend auto ad it out and make some. I'm going to have them done out of aluminum stock so never again will I need them. If you interested in replacing or needing the emblem let me know. The more we make the cheaper they will be. His guess is we are looking at $40-50 for a set of two. They will be laser cut and screw holes in OEM position. Jntfj80@aol.com

Status
Not open for further replies.