1989 28' Voyager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob on This

Cadet
We just bought a 1989 Voyager. The boat is in good shape, but I will be going through all the systems in the next couple years. Hope to get it wet the spring of 2011.
One differance we would like to make is the salon layout. We don't need to sleep 6 people, nor do we need all the seating.
"We need room for 2 to sleep, 4 to eat, and 6 to drink"
Has anyone redone the inside on one of these?
We are thinking of removing the dinet and just have a chair in that spot, and removing the pull out couch, and install an "L" shape lounge in that spot.

Any coments or sugjestions?

We will also add a hard top to the back of the flybridge with a tower for the
radar and "stuff".
A larger swim platform is also on the list.

Thanks
Bob

aholgate

Cadet
Re: 1989 28' Voyager

I would love to see and hear of any changes you make. My wife and I own a 88' Carver Voyager with dual helms. The second helm is in my opinion a waste because you can't really run the boat from there as its not very good viewing anything especially if the bow is up.

We are in the same boat as you (pardon the pun). We don't need to sleep 6, we like to entertain and just take people out for the day and then at night my wife and I would like to sleep on it. We've owned the boat for about 2 years now and have slept on it twice because of the layout just isn't right.

Things I'd like to do:

Take the second helm out.
Change the seating to be more like a living room
Add a hard top to the back of the boat to and move the bath/shower somewhere else.

Bob on This

Cadet

I guess it's just the two of us:D

I am still tring to get the boat home from SLC. I hope to go get it this weekend.

I'll try to keep up with photos of this project.

1958676_12.jpg

1958676_13.jpg

1958676_14.jpg

dfudge

Recruit

I have the same boat and about to rework the fly bridge helm.

IMAG0933.jpg

Do you guys know where to get a wiring diagram?

I'd also like to replace the 4 switch plates. Any idea where I could get replacements? My guess is I'll have to get custom ones made.

Status
Not open for further replies.