X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carver Air Horns

I have a 1987 Carver 3807.

The air horn does not work so I am trying to locate the position of the air compressor which probably has gone bad.

Is there a standard location where Carver might locate the compressor as I can not locate it near the horns.

Can anyone please let me know where the compressor is located or how to find it.

Many thanks in advance

DANAWEST

Re: Carver Air Horns

Our "double trumpet" air horns did not work either so our maintenance guy said that they have to be replaced. I guess the entire unit. Maybe they're only electric no compressor?? Ours just connected with wiring. PS It sounds great too!
    Joe & Ana

Can't talk now, we're boating. Bye!

Tow Vehicle: 2008 Ford F250 Diesel Super Duty King Ranch 4X4 long bed aka: (THE BEAST) tows the pontoon

M/Y 40" Carver Santego

Comment

Re: Carver Air Horns

Day late and a dollar short? My 3807 air horns compressor is located inside the storage area of the fly bridge on the starboard side of the compartment bulkhead. It is a tight fit to get in there and service the compressor, but doable. My compressor has an oil port and requires periodic (infrequent) lubrication. I replaced the system once, PITA, and the next time will just replace with electric horns, since the wiring to the compressor would serve as electric horn wires.

Comment

The air compressor on my 3396 is located externally in a compartment or bulge to which the dual horns are attached. Shortly after purchasing the boat, my horns stopped working. I opened the compressor head to find the vanes seized due to rust from lack of lubrication over the years. I cleaned and freed the vanes, lubricated and was good to go. These units must be lubricated to work properly. There is a small oil port in the top of the compressor head for that purpose. In my case it is accessible from the outside through a small tunnel closed by a s/s screw.

Comment

Working...
        X