Little Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

gldavison

Seaman
What can you tell me about a 1976 Carver 2276 Camper? Should I keep looking into purchasing one for $3500 that has been in storage for past 10 years? Family boat for local use----
Thanks
Greg
Sturgeon Bay, WI

aholgate

Cadet
Re: Little Help Please

I bought my 28' Carver Voyager for a buck... two seized engines and two feet of water inside..

Runs like a champ and smells like sweet roses now after two solid weeks of work.
:D

licketdsplit756

Petty Officer 1st Class

the difference between a man and a boy is the price of his toys.there are alot of boats out there at that price ive always found if its been sitting that long. get your money out rubber seals dry rot. hoses also.your gonna put alot into it.if your looking to enjoy this summer id look for something else in that price range and there are alot out there if your willing to travel to go pick it up.

aholgate

Cadet

Very good points. My boat has been inspected and seems to be in great shape but will need exhaust hoses next year and bottom paint but other than that (if you can believe it) the boat is in great shape. I think it just wanted a new home :)

Captain Todd1

Recruit
if the price is right, I wouldn't be afraid of a stored boat. Just understand and make the seller understand that more work is required to get it in shape. When it doesn't start for the demo might be a good time to get the price dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.