Carver owners....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Carver

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Carver owners....

Refitting,ground up,a 1980 Montego for use on Lake Erie pictured in the rebuilding forum.Can't wait to feel her!!!That Georgian Bay trip is on our have to do list also,hopefully this season round trip from the Erie Island area.Looks like a beautiful area to live you lucky dog!!!

condorflt

Recruit

Also new to the forum. Nice to have a place dedicated to go to. I bought a 1988 27' Carver Montego last January. Spent most of the summer getting it into condition to use in the Pensacola Sound and Bay. Still have a lot to do. Like replacing all the rails and the Starboard cockpit window (any Idea where to find one?). Fixing some minor fiberglass scrapes and minor electrical.

Love the boat.

TB

richl

Recruit

New here and just wanted to say hi! Just bought a '99 356 Aft Cabin. She'll be moored in New Buffalo, MI. Can't wait 'til she gets wet!

OldGringo

Recruit

For RMMPE:

I've got an '82 3607 aft cabin with Crusader 454s. Hull speed works out as 7.6 kts and, since this is mostly a displacement hull, top speed is about 18 kts at 4,000 rpm. No speed demon, the old tub, but it handles like it was 20' shorter and takes seas like it was 50' longer. The nice thing is that I can get hull speed at 1,800 rpm. Any idea of the gph consumption at that rpm??

Best,
Old Gringo
PS: See it at http://OldGringo.us

dbay

Recruit

I just bought a 2003 36 Sport Sedan thats the good news. I live in Ca and it will make the trip from Tampa to PT Everglades this week to catch Yacht Paths to Ensenada for a June 3rd delivery.
The boat will be added to Marina Sailings rental program. I have been renting boats from them for years and they do a great job of monitoring the rentals. It is the only such program in Los Angeles area. www.marinasailing.com is your interested.

I can hardly wait for it to arrive. It will be the second Carver that I have owned.

DBAY

aholgate

Cadet

Hi All,

I'm new to the group and just purchased an 1988 Carver 28' Voyager (2827). It needs a lot of TLC but we are spending every minute cleaning and scrubbing. It has 380 hrs on it and is in pretty good shape. It just hasn't seen water in a Looooooooong time. :(

swimwhiz

Cadet

Hello there I am new to this forum as well. I have a 3207 85 aft cabin runs great love the view from the flybridge. I have been looking for answers for a breaker tripping issue I have when there is a power failure in the marina and when power is restored the breaker trips. Other carver owners in the marina have this same problem are we alone?

OldGringo

Recruit

Not much traffic on this forum, heh?

Ok, I answered my own question. At 1,600 RPM I get 8.6 MPH which is hull speed based on WLL of 31'4" and the formula of 1.34 X square root of the waterline length = 7.5 kts or 8.6 MPH. Slow I know but my two 454 Crusaders use 6.5 gph total at that speed. Pretty cheap going for a 36. Open her up (4,200 rpm) and it's 24 mph at 70 gph! That's $4.00 per minute! :eek:
OldGringo

mcgowan30

Recruit

1976 Carver Camper (22 ft) - Buckhannon, WV
Currently docked at Stonewall Jackson Lake - however after a new carb and a few other fixes, it will be docked on the Monongalia River in Fairmont, WV. I plan on making the 127 mile trip from Fairmont, WV to Pittsburgh, PA this fall...and then next season I plan on heading from Fairmont - Pittsburgh - Ohio River and stop when I get tired. :)

Anyone know where I can get a .pdf scan of the original owner's manual for this boat?

DAVECAD2.0

Cadet

1980 CARVER SANTA CRUZ 266
Just repowered with new 351W Barr Marine
Had to change final drive to left hand. New engine was right hand.
Any other Santa Cruz mates out there?

Dive Taxi

Cadet

For RMMPE:

I've got an '82 3607 aft cabin with Crusader 454s. Hull speed works out as 7.6 kts and, since this is mostly a displacement hull, top speed is about 18 kts at 4,000 rpm. No speed demon, the old tub, but it handles like it was 20' shorter and takes seas like it was 50' longer. The nice thing is that I can get hull speed at 1,800 rpm. Any idea of the gph consumption at that rpm??

Best,
Old Gringo
PS: See it at http://OldGringo.us

You're crusaders are probably carbureted with marinized quadrajets. If you want good economy, determine at what average RPM setting will the boat NOT run on the secondaries of the carburetor. Quadrajets have HUGE rear secondary systems - start opening them up and fuel consumption increases dramatically.

A vacuum gauge can help you, but also simply listening will help. I played around with my small block cursaders and ended up with my best economy running the engines at about 2,700 RPM. At that turn rate, the engines run on the front primaries only and I get the best compromise between speed and fuel econ.

Toddr337

Recruit

I'm new also, just registered. I have a 1984 26' Santa Cruz and am having trouble locating an owner's manual if anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear from you. Thanks, I appreciate it.

rbellows

Recruit

New to this forum. We cruise the Gulf Islands off Vancouver Island in a 28' 1978 Carver Santa Cruz. Love the boat. Lots to learn.

DAVECAD2.0

Cadet

Hello,<br /><br />We've got a 1986 26' Carver Santa Cruz.....<br /><br />Been lurking around the forums for a while and thought I would chime in and say Hello!!!

1980 226 Santz Cruz.
Recently replaced the main seacock (toast). It was located just inside the port engine stringer next to the V-Drive. Inpossible to get at in a emergency.
Relocated it in front of the engine. I'm about the fourth owner and repower.
Hard to believe Carver would have placed it there originally.
May I ask where yours is located?

Thanks, Dave

boosuedon

Recruit

Hey Gringo!
I have a 1985 3607MY. Essentially, it's the same boat with the same engines. You may consider changing your props. I get 30mph @ 4000 RPM, and 7.5 MPH @ 1100 RPM. Either that, or your engines need some tuneing.

BarryW

Recruit

Hi everybody. New to the forums here.
1985 2807 aft-cabin. Our boating area is up-state NY, NYS Canal system, Hudson River & Lake Champlain.

bolo78910

Chief Petty Officer

1985 carver montegio mcrc 5.7 260 . would like to kno what size prop you are running on the same boat thanks .

Soulmates

Recruit
Re: Looking for any Carver 564 Owners who...

Re: Looking for any Carver 564 Owners who...

can give me the likes and dislikes about this model. I'm close to purchasing a 2002 Carver 564 with very low hours on 535HP Cummings QSM-11's original power plants. The vessel has just been sitting for 4 years in a slip with minor maintinance. I could really use some feed back on this before I shell out the cash.

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.