Am I all alone?

scrapper

Ensign
1980 Carevelle Mod.: CV 450<br />Length:4.57 m<br />Breadth:1.83 m<br />Outboard : 40 hp Evenrude

Mercr

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Am I all alone?

'New, here, but you're no longer alone! I'll furnish more details as I get them. I just bought my buddie's "project boat" 850 Merc/Carravelle.I don't know much more about it than that. It looks like the one on the cover of the '72-89 Merc. Manual (45-225 HP).<br /> <br /> He's been restoring it for over a year, only to find that the former owner ( a "kind of" friend/aquaintance) - hadn't mentioned the lower unit damage!It needs a touch more TLC, and that lower unit work.

Mercr

Seaman Apprentice

Well, I got a bit more info:<br />1979 (?) Caravelle, model - unknown<br />Length: 15'/4.57 m<br />Breadth: 6'/1.83 m<br />Outboard: 85 HP Mercury (1979)<br /> <br />My buddy bought this boat with every intention of making it a nice pleasure/fishing boat. He re-did the carpet & upholstery, got a nice new cover, scrubbed & waxed the hull, serviced the trailer, had the motor tuned, replaced some of the cables, flushed the tank. He spent a good chunk of his spare time, last Summer. The elbow grease really shows!<br /><br />When he finally took it out, he discovered the damage to the lower unit. The local marine store gave him a $900 estimate, so he shelved the project for the Winter. <br /> <br />A week or two ago, I was shopping for a new 20-25HP outboard for my 12' Zodiac. I decided that the prices were absurd, and that I could probably buy a nice little fishing boat, trailer & outboard for half the price. That very afternoon I met my buddy, for a beer, and the first words out of his mouth were "wanna buy a boat?" He let me have it for about 1/4 of what he had in it, because he KNOWS he'll still get to use it :) !<br /> <br />So here I am... :rolleyes:

Mercr

Seaman Apprentice

'Sorry for the delayed response - not much action over here. Thanks for the site - I'm registered! (Haven't posted, yet)<br /> <br />I found out that my Caravelle is actually a 16' - it even says so on the ID plate ( 'finally noticed it.) It must be measured along the curve! :rolleyes: It's still just 15' from tip to tail!

NautiTime

Recruit

Alright guys, I decided to up the ante for Caravelle users. We are now the 4 Caravelle's!

Randy Mac

Cadet

No, your not alone I have a 1992 elegante 2000 with a 5.0HO with OMC Cobra sterndrive.

Just_2_b_me

Recruit

Add one more Classic Caravelle

1976, 14ft, Tri Hull, 6 seater
70hp Johnson/Evinrude

cappinbob

Cadet

i just bought a 1990 188 open bow.this guy mde into a fish/ski
needs some work but i hope to get her done soon.
seats new wood,outdrive freeze cracked welded ,we have had it out acouple times,now it's overheating.

i sold a 1992 2000 elegane about 2 years ago, that was a great boat.
i'll post pic sometime

shopguy

Recruit

I have a 1999 232 bowrider with a 454.....your deffinitely not alone you oughta see the caravelle sight lots of owners there. This is a good place to get general advice though.