Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Store Links Mobile - Shop Now

Announcement

Collapse

SITE MAINTENANCE

The iBoats Forums will be down for maintenance starting at 1 PM MST on 12/16/2017. The estimated amount of downtime is 3 hours. Thanks for being a part of the iBoats community!
See more
See less

Am I all alone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I all alone?

1980 Carevelle Mod.: CV 450Length:4.57 mBreadth:1.83 mOutboard : 40 hp Evenrude

Re: Am I all alone?

Am I all alone?
    So far scrapper
    Of those who receive good advice, only the wise will profit from it.

If you need it....Get it
    If you want it....Wait
    If you have it....Flaunt it

Comment

Wow ! Didnt think they were as scarce as hens teeth!

Comment

'New, here, but you're no longer alone! I'll furnish more details as I get them. I just bought my buddie's "project boat" 850 Merc/Carravelle.I don't know much more about it than that. It looks like the one on the cover of the '72-89 Merc. Manual (45-225 HP). He's been restoring it for over a year, only to find that the former owner ( a "kind of" friend/aquaintance) - hadn't mentioned the lower unit damage!It needs a touch more TLC, and that lower unit work.

Comment

Well, I got a bit more info:1979 (?) Caravelle, model - unknownLength: 15'/4.57 mBreadth: 6'/1.83 mOutboard: 85 HP Mercury (1979) My buddy bought this boat with every intention of making it a nice pleasure/fishing boat. He re-did the carpet & upholstery, got a nice new cover, scrubbed & waxed the hull, serviced the trailer, had the motor tuned, replaced some of the cables, flushed the tank. He spent a good chunk of his spare time, last Summer. The elbow grease really shows!When he finally took it out, he discovered the damage to the lower unit. The local marine store gave him a $900 estimate, so he shelved the project for the Winter. A week or two ago, I was shopping for a new 20-25HP outboard for my 12' Zodiac. I decided that the prices were absurd, and that I could probably buy a nice little fishing boat, trailer & outboard for half the price. That very afternoon I met my buddy, for a beer, and the first words out of his mouth were "wanna buy a boat?" He let me have it for about 1/4 of what he had in it, because he KNOWS he'll still get to use it ! So here I am...

Comment

Wow ! good buy I found this other forum , It may or may not be of some help to you http://caravelleboat.com/forum/portal.php Hope this dont get Zapped!

Comment

'Sorry for the delayed response - not much action over here. Thanks for the site - I'm registered! (Haven't posted, yet) I found out that my Caravelle is actually a 16' - it even says so on the ID plate ( 'finally noticed it.) It must be measured along the curve! It's still just 15' from tip to tail!

Comment

Alright guys, I decided to up the ante for Caravelle users. We are now the 4 Caravelle's!
                2006 Chaparral 276 Signature
                5.7 VP with dreaded XP outdrive
                "Water Wings"

Comment

No, your not alone I have a 1992 elegante 2000 with a 5.0HO with OMC Cobra sterndrive.

Comment

Add one more Classic Caravelle

1976, 14ft, Tri Hull, 6 seater
                    70hp Johnson/Evinrude

Comment

i just bought a 1990 188 open bow.this guy mde into a fish/ski
                      needs some work but i hope to get her done soon.
                      seats new wood,outdrive freeze cracked welded ,we have had it out acouple times,now it's overheating.

i sold a 1992 2000 elegane about 2 years ago, that was a great boat.
                      i'll post pic sometime

Comment

I have a 1999 232 bowrider with a 454.....your deffinitely not alone you oughta see the caravelle sight lots of owners there. This is a good place to get general advice though.

Comment

i just got a 1973 runabout with a 50 hp mercury.

Comment

Working...
                          X