Commander
Just got it;

Starboard%20profile.jpg

Starboard%20aft.jpg

5.7%20GXi.jpg

magster65

Commander
Re: Anyone in here? '07 705 Allante

It's a trailer queen anyways but the launch is only a few minutes away. I also have a spot at the marina I can use.
I work on the surrounding islands quite aften so when I do I leave it in the water and take it to work... weekends too if needed. The boat has heat (buss) and a full standup canvas package so I'll be using it through the winter months :)

Yar.

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Hiya Magster65,

I bought a 1999 Allante 625 this summer to accomodate the larger and older family! Just had a little boy on Sept 1st and also have 2 stepdaughters 11 and 16....more room than the little 17' was needed!
I love the Campion! It feels so good on the water and I know that Campion is a great builder. The factory is in Kelowna, so only an hour away from where I live.
Here are a couple of shots of my new toy!

DSC02410.jpg

DSC02412.jpg

DSC02422.jpg

DSC02421.jpg

Can't wait till spring again now!

Cheers,
Yar.

magster65

Commander

Looks great! :cool:
So you're boating on Okanogan lake? I spent some time up that way when I was a kid (Osoyoos and Penticton). Nice place to float around!

electronicbase

Recruit

great looking boat, I'm presently looking at a 03 705i bowrider and just waiting for spring!

Yar.

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Hi electronicbase and welcome to iboats!

I am sure if you decide to get the Campion that you will not regret it!

They are a well built boat and you can just feel the difference when you drive it!

Keep us posted with your decision and a few pics!!

Cheers,
Yar.

PS What area of the world are you from?

electronicbase

Recruit

I'm in Niagara falls.Ontario, situated between the Niagara river and Lake Erie so boating is a natural . I'm hoping the 705i bow rider is big enough for the lake with some cuddy protection and yet small enough to trailer to the river! Any input is appreciated on my pick!

magster65

Commander

Here's what I find; once a boat is in the water... you might wish you had a slightly bigger boat. Then if you're launching / loading, towing or taking up space in your driveway... you'll be glad you don't.
Don't look for protection in a bow rider. A closed bow / cuddy cabin is much better but they're a bit harder to get in and out of at the beach.
A 705 is right in the 'happy medium' for size I think.
I would rate Campion as a bit above average. They're good looking boats with a nice ride, decent quality, nice features and design... they don't break the bank and retain good resale value. That's probably why they're so big now. They started in a small shop here in B.C. back in the 70's and are now world wide. All those customers can't be wrong.
Cheers!

electronicbase

Recruit
finally pulled the trigger

finally pulled the trigger

well after waiting all winter for spring I FINALLY put a deposit on an 2003 allante705i bowrider. its white and black hull and cant wait to pick it up tuesday the 13th!

Billdc

Petty Officer 1st Class

I've had mine for one full summer and I love it. We typically take another family with us, so that makes 8-9 and it's OK, but that extra foot or so on the 705 should be very nice. We are on the Chesapeake bay most of the time and we have to watch the weather and tides. Once or twice last year the kids got a little scared but nothing too bad. You will love it for water sports and just cruising. I can't find a dealer in the mid-atlantic area but the Co. has been great with walking a me through a new boat punch list. I get to talk to R&D guys the upholstery dept, who ever I need to.