Help With Cajun Boats HIN

Does anyone have info on Cajun boats by Mastercrafters? Any experiences with them? I should add this is a late 80's fiberglass 3 seater - allegedly '89, but I couldn't find a manufacturing date anywhere.

​I've gort a similar problem. I bought a 1984 Cajun but have been able to find very little on HIN # MBVFM0291183 84, I know that the MBV stands for Mastercrafters Inc. But not to sure about the rest. I believe it to be the Ricky Green Fishing Machine. As that's the only 84 Cajun I could find with a 185 Johnson on it. if so that would explain the FM, any one with any insight as to how to decipher this serial/HIN # WOLD BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED. THANK YOU! I've tried the iboats cipher but it tells me that its not a valid #. I think that the extra letters are throwing it off or something. HELP

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
84CajunCaliforniadreaming All you get by decoding a HIN is the manufacturer, build date and model year. The 84 at the end is not part of the boat's HIN and using comes up as an invalid HIN because it''s too long. It may have meant something to Mastercrafters, but not to the Coast Guard. Below is the result of the HIN decode;

masterhin.PNG

jbcurt00

Staff member
Yep ^^^

Built in 1983, so the HIN ends in 83, but built for the 1984 model year, would be my guess.

:watermelon::):rolleyes::rolleyes:​ first of all thank you GA_Boater and jbcurt00 for your help and that awesome Hin decoder now the only thing left to figure out is if its a Ricky Green Fishing Machine or what model it is . I've looked at just about everything I could find on 84 Cajuns and the only boat that came with the Johnson 185 is the Ricky Green Fishing Machine. But I'm no expert , Any further insight would be greatly appreciated, Thank you in advance

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
It's now an 84Cajuncaliforniadreaming Fishing Machine. :smile:

After 30 some years the motor may not be original. Ya never know.