Boston Whaler(?) ID help please

rebars1

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I have had this boat for about two years now. It is 18' long and has "Boston Whaler" logos on the sides. The CA registration lists it as a 1976 Boston Whaler. It has a foam filled double hull, however, the shape of the front flares and the finish is different than other Whalers I have seen. The transom has "18UB7632" cast into the stern face. It has a heavy steel or aluminum rim/rub rail all around the top edge of the hull. Any ideas?

boat3.jpg

boat4.jpg

Boat1.jpg

boat5.jpg

boat2.jpg

zip34788

Seaman
Re: Boston Whaler(?) ID help please

Very strange! It may say Boston Whaler, but there are several things that lead me to question its authenticity. The rub rail, bow eye and cleat are not Boston Whaler. Since it has registration numbers, it leads me to believe that there is a title floating around somewhere. You might check with the registrar's office. That should tell you the year and make. If in fact there is a title, you need to get your hands on it. Otherwise you could possibly be charged with the possession of stolen property.

ebry710

Ensign

The only thing whaler-like is the sticker. Measure the beam, the length and cover the sticker. Then repost in a boat topic section and ask the same question.

Free Bird

Cadet

Have you checked at www.whalercentral.com ? Maybe it's a commercial hull. They have the serial numbers there plus an e-mail address of a guy at the Whaler factory who can look your hull up.