boston whaler size??

daaw

Seaman Apprentice
After selling my boat a few years back, I am ready to consider buying another. I am considering a 13' because it HAS to fit in my 19' garage. Boat would be used in coastal waters by wife, 7 yr old son and I.

I would rather go with a 15' but unsure if it would fit in my garage.
Any one know the overall length with trailer? (with a swing away tongue??)

Is a 25 hp 4 stroke a good combo for the 13 footer?

Do I need to be concerned with 10% ethonal in engines? Somewhere I read that it might be a problem with engines built before 2004.

thanks,
DW

ebry710

Ensign
Re: boston whaler size??

After selling my boat a few years back, I am ready to consider buying another. I am considering a 13' because it HAS to fit in my 19' garage. Boat would be used in coastal waters by wife, 7 yr old son and I.

I would rather go with a 15' but unsure if it would fit in my garage.
Any one know the overall length with trailer? (with a swing away tongue??)

Is a 25 hp 4 stroke a good combo for the 13 footer?

Do I need to be concerned with 10% ethonal in engines? Somewhere I read that it might be a problem with engines built before 2004.

thanks,
DW

My 1989 engine uses 10% ethanol. 15' with a swing tongue would probably fit into you garage, but you'd be climbing over it. 13' might get snug with 3 people in it. I believe the max hp is 40 so a 25 hp would be fine.

kwikk9

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My '89 SuperSport (13 ft.) will not fit in my 22' deep garage. However, my E-Z Loader trailer has a full fixed frame. If I could raise the tongue somehow I think I'd be all set. 19' garage seems pretty tight.
I store mine oudoors in Maine in the winter. With enough blue tarp over my boat cover it survives just fine. I'm guessing you may have more of an issue with yard space than with weather protection.
The '89 Evinrude on my boat runs just fine on the 10% Ethanol or whatever they currently mix into New England gasoline.

mt3

Cadet

i don't have a Whaler but i do have a 14.5" tri-hull that fits in my 22.5" deep garage. not swing away tongue .... i think alot depends on where the boat sit on the trailer too .... like how much backside is hanging out ....