1979 Whaler Repairs

Aj197816134

Recruit
1979 21 foot Whaler.
The boat was roughed up and knicked during a severe storm in September. The hull has some deep gouges through the gel coat and cracks all over. Here are my questions.

What materials should I be using to patch the gouges, and pitting?
We want to reapply the gel coat and I guess seal all the hair line cracks in the gel coat.

The boat is kept moored in the water from April til October.

I can begin to get some pictures but need to get started on this ASAP as its our Fire Dept. Rescue boat.

ebry710

Ensign
Re: 1979 Whaler Repairs

1979 21 foot Whaler.
The boat was roughed up and knicked during a severe storm in September. The hull has some deep gouges through the gel coat and cracks all over. Here are my questions.

What materials should I be using to patch the gouges, and pitting?
We want to reapply the gel coat and I guess seal all the hair line cracks in the gel coat.

The boat is kept moored in the water from April til October.

I can begin to get some pictures but need to get started on this ASAP as its our Fire Dept. Rescue boat.

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=246006

This was one of my first questions form my whaler. Here is the link. The color matched perfectly. Yours may not be the same color as mine but they'll have the right match.

I just use Tap Plastic fiberglass and marine resin for repair. I think most marine stores have glass and marine resin.