What's your Whaler?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: What's your Whaler?

Nine hundred fifty USA dollars? Hellofadeal, 68Whaler.<br /><br />Got pix?<br /><br />Have you signed on at continuouswave.com? That is the best source of specialized Whaler knowledge on the net if you have questions. Of course we can help here, too. :) <br /><br />Red sky at night. . .<br />JB

68whaler

Seaman

Will send along pix when I get her all cleaned up. Yup, 950 and she was only four years old. I am determined to keep her nearly original right down to the 67 Rude. Still runs the hell out of anything else in her class, thinks she is a porpoise and loves to leap out of the water.

68whaler

Seaman

I am keeping the original seats and siderails although they aren't quite perfect. The console was a total loss but the new one is coming along nicely. We sure have better adhesives today and I am eliminating the plugged screws on the front panel. Smirking, think the new one will last another 38 years?

kwikk9

Petty Officer 2nd Class

1989 13' Supersport. 40hp Evinrude. Bought her 3 weeks ago. Great condition, but a little neglected. Had'nt been started in 3 years. I've brought her back to life and hope to get her wet this weekend. Maine weather permitting.

Berryvisit155.jpg
Berryvisit209.jpg

Last edited:

SpinnerBait_Nut

ks, yahoo does not like hot linking. Host you pictures somewhere like putfile.com and then you can post them here.

rbruce63

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have a 1986 Sport 11 with a 1969 Chrysler 20 Hp that belonged to my father.<br /><br /> <br /><br /><br />I've used this Whaler dingy to do exploration but now I'm using it for fishing in estuaries. It's easy to tow and to fuel.

kwikk9

Petty Officer 2nd Class

That is one fine looking 20 year old.

Casco Bay Outrage

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have a 1991 Outrage 17. Former boat was a 1987 Montauk.<br /><br />Here is a somewhat decent photo at a whaler gathering last fall.<br /><br />
Outrage%2017

SpinnerBait_Nut

Hey these Whalers are good looking boats and all, but where is the trolling motors and fishing seats?<br />Are these not fishing boats?<br />Just wondering.

JB

Here they are, SBN.<br /><br />My '80 Montauk.<br />
watermark.php
<br /><br />and my '86 Striper 15 with the troller not on the quick release mount.<br />
watermark.php

JB

Hi, CBO.<br /><br />Place img in brackets in front of the url and /img in brackets at the end.<br /><br />It will look like this:<br />
philrage.jpg

JB

Yup. That would make a difference, too.<br /><br />I used the url found in properties of the image. Gotta do that.

airwarrior

Seaman

1973 Boston Whaler Cohasset II, with 1973 Johnson 85 HP. This is the origional boat and motor combo that my brother inlaw bought new in 74. He replaced the trailer in the mid-90's, and had it rewired around 2000, added VHF radio, Lorance fish finder and a GPS. However he didn't let the GPS go with the boat when he sold her to me in '03 lol!

She's all origoinal except for a new starter I put on last summer...

bwsig.jpg

more pics here.... and bigger too!
http://www.projectchieftain.com/BW.htm

ST

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Update; I designed and built (had a seat upholstered by a local crafstman) a low profile removable front seating for two on the bow deck early this year. I had it attached thru the slats of the center hatch with 3 bolts fastened with 3 wing nuts.

Now, my daughter and her husband can sit comfortably whenever they come along boating with us; in a sense I double up the seating capacity of my boat.

IMG_2257.jpg

IMG_2248.jpg

IMG_2249.jpg

IMG_2240.jpg

JB

Really nice, Sam.

I see so few owner customizations that I think really improve the looks and functionality of a Whaler. This is one of the best I have seen.

ST

Petty Officer 2nd Class

JB,
Thank you for your generous comments; coming from you, I take it as really comforting; since indeed, I spent many many weeks and months thinking and scratching on papers (and my head too) before I could come up with a something that's hopefully appropriate in the way of looks and function for the boat without raising the eyebrows on the purists.

By the way, are you still looking for the Outrage JB? As was suggested by many, I hope you keep the 15...