Just picked up a free bonito, many questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just picked up a free bonito, many questions

Hi, I'd just like to introduce myself real quick. My name is Dave I'm from southern N.J. I just picked up a Bonito for free, I have no clue what year or model it is. I can't find the tag nor do i know where it shoiuld be. I do know its a bow rider and has a 200 hp yamaha on it. 200hp is the maximum rating for this boat, from what the coast gaurd tag says. I would definately like to find somewhere on here who could direct me the right way in finding parts for this boat. I've done numerous searches on this boat to find nothing but lawsuit information, and maybe a few classifieds.

Re: Just picked up a free bonito, many questions

Originally posted by NJDAVE08089
    Hi, I'd just like to introduce myself real quick. My name is Dave I'm from southern N.J. I just picked up a Bonito for free, I have no clue what year or model it is. I can't find the tag nor do i know where it shoiuld be. I do know its a bow rider and has a 200 hp yamaha on it. 200hp is the maximum rating for this boat, from what the coast gaurd tag says. I would definately like to find somewhere on here who could direct me the right way in finding parts for this boat. I've done numerous searches on this boat to find nothing but lawsuit information, and maybe a few classifieds.

Well I have recently found out that it is a 205 SE, year I still have no clue, Anyways, I'd like to get new side panels for the interior, windsheild, and possibly a top of some sort. Please if anyone knows any info, respond.

Comment

hi i also have a bonito and have the same problem????? well fortunatlly im pretty good with my hands and know some of this and some of that. most parts are universal and you can make stuff off ebay work!!!!!!

Comment

Hull ID number is on the right side of the transom just under the rub rail. Last 2 digits are the year.

Bonito is long out of business and parts are not available. The "panels" you're talking about are upholstered correct? If so any marine upholstery shop can make new ones.
        sigpic
        1987 14' Mckee Craft CC (70HP Tohatsu)
        1985 14' Gamefisher tin boat (10HP Gamefisher)
        2007 18' Caracal (140HP Suzuki)
        2004 3070 Pursuit (twin 300HP Yamahas)

Yes I have too many boats...some are not even on the list.... Wanna buy some?

Comment

Hello Dave,

I also have a Bonito I got it for $5,000 Come to find out it's a rare go fast off shore racer! New they were $100,000 dollars the company went out of business and here we are! Good thing for the internet most parts are interchangeable and the hull# should be ingraved on the inside of the hull on the transom(next to motor on back wall)!!!! Oh yea forgot to mention my Bonito is The Royal Falcon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X