anybody out there?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody out there?

Just wonderin if anybody else out there had 1 of these boats? I have a 1985 17' Bonito center console. w/ 1985 90hp Johnson V-4

Re: anybody out there?

i have a 1986 16 foot ceneter console with a 1978 inline 6 1150 115hp. very fast, down right fun and scarey.the build quaility of mine is pure garbage, but its a hoot to drive !

Comment

Mines built pretty good..Need to get a keel gaurd for it years of trailering has rubbed the keel pretty raw..But like you said it is fast even with that little 90hp..She will give me 55- 60 mph.Wish she was a little wider.

Comment

I hava '69 16'Bonito walkthru with a 90 Yamaha on it. I replaced the deck, glassed it in and filled the bilge area with 2 part foam. The boat is rock solid and is a blast in the Indian River. 3 to 5ft seas are no problem unless it starts blowing 30 knots.

Comment

I finally found others that own Bonitos. I just purchased a 1981 16ft Dual Console from a dealer up here in Pa. It has the original 1981 Johnson 70hp still on it. As it is March (and still cold up here) I havent had the chance to run it yet. The whole thing is pretty clean for its age. The construction is a bit rough on the inside but the gelcoat is in really good shape. The motor compression is good and it ran at the dealer with earmuffs on so.....Hope I get alot of fun out of this one also!

Comment

Just recently picked up a Bonito Calais 685. 22ft Fibreglass halfcab with a Mercury 225hp EFI. All 2000 model.Use it as an all round fishing/family cruiser. Managed to get it upto 53mph on flat water with 4 adults and full fuel. Haven't caught much fish with it yet.. having too much fun with the wind in my hair.

Comment

I don't think this is the same Co. that made our Bonitos! Ours were made in Orlando Fla. and probably cost much less when new.

Comment

Our Bonito's are made in New Zealand. Been a New Zealand manufacturer for 30 years. Exceptional build quality.www.bonito.co.nzBonito Boats Ltd50 Main RoadPO Box 534, KumeuNew Zealand

Comment

We have the poor mans Bonitos...lol.

Comment

Well Im poor.... now.

Comment

lol

Comment

have 79 18' bowrider 71 merc 1350. great boat. bonitas were a take off of the popular cobia also made in central florida. some say that the bonita were seconds off the cobia line.
                        FLORIDA GATORS
                        TEBOW Country

Please, NO PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems. they will not be answered.
                        That is what these forums are for. Post your questions, in the appropriate Forum.

Comment

Mine is a 16ft bass boat with a 150 Merc on it.
                          "A manual is a cheap investment"
                          Fair Winds and Following Seas
                          Bill
                          PTC USN ret

Comment

I would love to find a new set of the decals for the hull for mine.I got it cleaned up good, it would just make it look that much better with a new set of the original decals.

Comment

I'd like to see some pics of these Bonitos you guys have. Since I'm stuck making this 25 yr old boat of mine nice (or nicer) again, I'd like to see how other boats are set up interior wise.

Comment

Working...
                              X