Show your Commander Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

TojosMojo

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi all, anyone out there with any year of Fiberking Commander show us your pics! Also all Bomber owners try and post some pics of your boat so we can stir up some interest in this forum...:cool:

TojosMojo

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Show your Commander Pics

Wow this Bomber thread is dead...

jkrobb

Recruit

Here is my 1990 commander 180 fs Would like as much imformation about it as possible. it has a 4.3 yamaha stern drive. right now it will die when shifting from neutral to any gear and from the gears back to neutral. I can rev the engine up and shift it to keep it from dying any thoughts?

Attachments

• boat 005.jpg
    boat 005.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 0
  • boat 003.jpg
    boat 003.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 0
  • boat 004.jpg
    boat 004.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 0

roller6

Recruit

hey i have the same boat i may have the answer to ur question

Canman38

Cadet

WOW! Bryan. I have the nearly identical Bomber. Its an 1988 Bomber commander. I thought there was nobody else out there tho have one. Mine just has the red trim. Heres a few pics of mine, I will be sure to put more up. Please post as many as you can of yours.
Walter

untitled-1.jpg

untitled2.jpg

That is the same boat. I don't think there are that many left in the wild. Do you have the Bomber Logo on the side? Ours came off a while ago. I am about 3 weeks from putting her in the water, so I will post new photos then.

Canman38

Cadet

Ours had it before I bought it. I can tell because before I buffed it, it was faded around where the decal used to be. I think I am gonna get some decals made up to put it back on.

So do you have the 200hp OMC engine?

Cant wait for the photos. You can take some before you put it in the water right?

I would like to keep in contact, as I think these boats are very rare. How long have you had yours? Hopefully we can stir some interest on this topic and find the rest of these Bombers.

Walter

We got the boat out the other day... started up great. The tac is out, so I need to figure out why.. but the rest is running. I will send pix once we get it out and cleaned.

This is out third season with the boat. We had some engine trouble when we through a rod, and with the the starter solenoid overheating. However.. I think we are pas that.

Speaking of cleanind.. did you just use elbow grease to buff it out?

Canman38

Cadet

I used that 3M fiberglass restorer with a high speed buffer, worked great. There were a few bad spots that I actually wet sanded with 1200 grit on a block before i buffed. I got it to look 90% better. I think I am going to go over it again this year, hopefully I can get it looking 99%.

Bomber175fs

Recruit

hi I have a fiberking bomber 175 FS fish & ski 1991 model with 150hp mercury v1500 black Max outboard would like to get electric swith diagram it has faded so I need to relable it ... No info online .... I m in bull shoals, ar on the bull shoals lake

smsystems24

Recruit

I have a 1988 Bomber Commander. Does anyone out there happen to have any manuals on this boat? The previous owner added an aftermarket fuel pump that can't keep up and also made one of the fuel tanks no longer function. I'd like to return this to factory to that both tanks work. It's got the MerCruiser 5.0 Alpha One setup in it.

Bomberboy

Recruit

Here's my 1988 Bomber Commander... Needs a little work, but the engine is solid. The wood that the Engine mounts to is rotting. Does anybody have any ideas on replacing that section? The motor has dropped an inch due to the rotting wood that it was bolted to.

(Click the pictures to make them larger)
boat_1.jpgboat_2.jpg

Thanks, from Ga!

Very cool! Mine had a silver stripe, not the blue. No idea on the engine though. Good luck!

UncleEvan

Recruit

Hey guys - new to the thread and the forum. I actually stumbled across this thread while doing a GS for 1988 Commanders, which I'm now the proud owner of. Just purchased this beauty this past week.

So far, it's a great little boat. It's a tad small as I'm coming from a 19.5' Chaparral, but the blistering acceleration and looks it gets on the lake more than make up for the lack of room.

There are some beautiful examples on here - glad to see someone else that appreciates these classics

Commander2.jpgCommander1.jpg

Attachments

• Commander2.jpg
    Commander2.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

UncleEvan

Recruit

That is the same boat. I don't think there are that many left in the wild. Do you have the Bomber Logo on the side? Ours came off a while ago. I am about 3 weeks from putting her in the water, so I will post new photos then.

Bryan, my boat came with a pristine set of logos, which I plan on photographing and running through a design program so that I have a clean version to embroider on the bimini boot.

Once I have a clean logo, I'll upload it here (??) so that anyone with a Commander can take the art to a local sign shop and have them cut new vinyl graphics.

skoon

Cadet

We have the same boat. just bought it need to redo the seats, can you please post a pic of them so we can see what they are supposed to look like. or you can email to mskoondog@yahoo.com. we need to redo some of the flooring, any suggestions on the best way to do this. the hull and transom are in great shape. has 4.3 v-6 alpha I mercruiser. any help would be greatly appreciated.

UncleEvan

Recruit

Skoon - if you're referring to a Commander, I'll try to get some pics up in the next few days. Our seats have a few small cracks here and there, but other than that the interior is all original and in pretty good shape. Which color scheme do you have? There were three, I believe.

(ETA: Just perused your other posts - not the same boat. Sry)

Last edited:

Coach Chad

Recruit

We have the same boat. just bought it need to redo the seats, can you please post a pic of them so we can see what they are supposed to look like. or you can email to mskoondog@yahoo.com. we need to redo some of the flooring, any suggestions on the best way to do this. the hull and transom are in great shape. has 4.3 v-6 alpha I mercruiser. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just finished a complete restoration on my 89 commander. I love this boat! Dropped a new big block in her, all new interior and floors, can't wait to break her in. I used a product called Grizzly Grip for the floors. It is like duraliner, but it is a rubber based product so the grip won't cut bare feet. Came in grey, I painted over it white, so far so good..I had it professionally installed, and the guy said it was a pain in the neck preparing the fiberglass..
fyi

Status
Not open for further replies.