Need Help!!!!!

jgaryc3

Seaman Apprentice
I just bought a bomber bass boat and there isnt a HIN (hull identification number) on it? In GA boats older than 72 dont need one. i know the boat is old but dont know the exact year. How can I find this out?? I bought it real cheap, and it hasnt been registered since 1993. i need help!!!! i cant register it without the HIN. Can anyone help me?!?!? jgaryc3@gmail.com

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Need Help!!!!!

Does the boat have any registration numbers on the side?
If so, you should be able to take them to the local court house and they should be able to give you some info.

jgaryc3

Seaman Apprentice

It does, but the DNR said it is no longer in their system.

Draghoe

Cadet

I have a '73 Bomber bass boat, a 16 Ft. Raider. On the outside chance you may have overlooked it there is a small plaque riveted on the inside. On my boat it's behind the operator's right shoulder just under the fishing deck. An interesting story: Some years back I got an email from a boater who was considering buying an old Bomber and asked if mine was a good boat. I had to tell him about the plywood in my transom once deterorating to the point I nearly lost the motor. He emailed me afew days later thanking me as he had found the same condition on the Bomber he had been looking at. Outside of that I have 25 years of good fishing and she's still comfortable to fish all day. Happy boating!
Draghoe