Me first

Rick Byers

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Ok I will be the first on here. I have a BlueWater Monte Carlo Cuddy Cabin Love my Boat

bluewater19

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Me first

Ok me second,<br />I have a 1991 BlueWater executive cuddy cabin.<br />I also love my boat and I am sure I have seen Richard at the suisun marina launching his sleek machine!

Rick Byers

Petty Officer 3rd Class

bluewater19 Stop by the boat shop at the boat launch in Suisun and say hi my boat is sitting in the side yard at the shop. I am the senior tech there. I work Monday thru Friday 730 to 430. Rick

Bluewater40

Recruit

I just inherited a 1977 Blue Water 40'. Nice, but needs a fair amount of work. Blue Water was not much help being so old and the several incarnations of the company. Any idea for documentation, parts, etc? Thanks!<br />Matt

RangerJt

Recruit

Hi. I live in Vacaville and have a 2000 Bluewater Mirage. Purchased it last summer. I need to have the u-joints and gimble bearing serviced, and probably the impeller replaced. Also when I start the boat there is a ring ring ring noise coming from near the starter. What't the name of your shop in Suisun. Thanks

Rick Byers

Petty Officer 3rd Class

RangerJt. I work at Advance Marine in Fairfield. Phone # is 428-0222, ask for Cory, Tell him Rick told you to call. I am off with a broken foot for a couple more weeks. We will take good care of it for you. Rick Byers

RangerJt

Recruit

I called and talked with Cory. Will be taking my boat in next Tuesday. Thanks, John

Rick Byers

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Ok John good to hear and I should be back to work by then. So maybe we can met face to face.<br />Rick

danmcmartin

Cadet

I just bought a 18 foot 1990 Bluewater. Not sure of the model, but it is an open bow with a 5.7 merc I/O. Eagle maybe. The hull is pristene, hardly a scratch, even on the keel. The interior has been converted to more of a fishing boat with pedestal seats and the wiring of accessories leaves something to be desired, but it runs strong and appears to have been well maintained.

h9lfc

Recruit

We just bought a 19ft 2007 Bluewater Image (exact same as Reinell BR191) from Gilligan's boats in Airdrie, Alberta. Having checked out all the mass produced boats i.e. Four Winns, Glastron, Maxum etc the Bluewater won hands down. We have managed to put 13 hours on the boat but it will have to be winterized real soon. The quality and workmanship on the boat is amazing. With the walk-through transom to the comfortable captain seat, driver seat with bolster, to the open bow, there is nothing on the market that starts to come close. We will, without a doubt, be sticking with Bluewater! If anyone is able to get to Airdrie, Alberta, we would highly recommend visiting Gilligan's!! Also any feeback/comments on Bluewater boats would be greatly appreciated.

hoggwild

Recruit

Glad to hear there are happy Blue Water Owners. We just bought a 2006 BW Image 19" with the 4.3 Volvo. We are the second owners but it was bought with only 30 hrs on the motor.

Unfortunately we are having porposing problems when running at cruising speeds and the trim is full down. We have tried tree other props with veriying degree of success. THe best prop to date was the 5blade 21 pitch. We have been unable to adjut the trim, and are now being told that this boat is designed to run with full trim down. THis isn't sitting well with me as the boat will pick up speed and run smoother with some trim adjustment but will stay stable for only a few minutes before porposing. THe hull has hooks in it, and I'm told it is very sensative, and therefore doesn't require any trim adjustments. I have driven 6+ boats previously and have not come across this concern. We aretrying to decide whether to sell or not, but I'd like to know if running with trim full down while crusing is normal with newer technologies.

Any insight would be appreciated. We ran into one other owner of the exact same boat. They claimed to have similar performance but just got use to it and run with trim full down.

haywaraa

Recruit

about to purchase my first new boat at giligans in airdrie alberta. a blue water image 19ft with 225hp 4.3v6 with volvo leg. seing how another year's gone by, h9lfc have you got any more insight on your boat? how's the performance, overall fit and finsh, what engine and prop are you running and what kind of top end can i expect? i will be selling my 1999 larson sei186 first but don't want any disappointments, my larson is a great boat. will be sad to see her go. anyone with insight on the blue water image would be greatly appreciated.
Aaron.

Jamesathen

Recruit

I bought a brand new 2007 Bluewater Vision from Gilligan's in Airdrie. My wife and I love this boat and we have been so impressed with it. The room in it for a 19.5 footer is awesome. We have a 270 hp Volvo Penta which hauls pretty darn good. Totally recommend Bluewater boats and will buy this brand again, no questions asked. And trust me, I have researched and looked at boats for years now.

Rake

Recruit

I own a 2002 Blue Water Mirage. LOVE IT! I also have a buddy with a 2001 Blue Water Mirage. He bought his after going boating with us last Summer. Mine has the 5.0GI, which is port injected and my friends has a 5.7 carb.

fonza

Recruit

I just bought a 1993 bluewater montecarlo, and sold my 2002 starcraft starfire, have not been able to try it out yet, but i know im going to love it. i took it to a boat mechanic to get it checked out, and was told it was in excellent condition, he really said you got a sweet boat, then i had him winterise it.and its going to hybernate untill next summer.:D

needasride

Cadet

We just bought a 1995 Blue Water Astro 17 with the 3.0 liter Mercrusier.. Have yet to get it in the water but it sure is a solid boat! We actually looked at two and they were, by far, the best boats we looked at in the price range.

Actually, this boat is a strong 8 from a scale of 1-10. Interior is very clean, boat looks like it was always well cared for. No soft spots, no bad smells, starts and runs well..

Would like to hear from other older Blue Water owners, as I understand the company was bought out sometime after ours was made (I believe '95 was the last year for the Astro)

TIA!

Wayne & Linda

Attachments

• 3nb3o93pc5O65Q15X2a6g58cc7920101512ef.jpg
    3nb3o93pc5O65Q15X2a6g58cc7920101512ef.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 3n93k33o65Z45W05S3a6gb9f7719f2af41d25.jpg
    3n93k33o65Z45W05S3a6gb9f7719f2af41d25.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 3oe3p23l95U15X15R3a6g77c5c68d216b1abd.jpg
    3oe3p23l95U15X15R3a6g77c5c68d216b1abd.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 0

j.4knee

Seaman Apprentice

We just bought our first boat 08 Vision, looking forward to a lot of fun times fishing and boating

Rick237

Recruit
All quiet from 2009 until 2014...?
Purchased an '04 Mirage from original owner last winter - had it in the water last summer in Alberta and Manitoba.
Agree with y'all - Blue Water made a pretty good boat and its too bad they couldn't hang on as independents.
Anyone know if the threads switched to somewhere new - or just dropped off altogether...?
/Rick

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
The threads just drop off. Happens all the time. That's why we ask that you don't post in threads with no activity for 3 months or more unless you are the thread starter. Thanks