blue fin ? need help

mlplyer

Recruit
Hey there
I just got me a blue fin boat, i need help.. i need to know how to put it back the way it was.
and what model it is all i know its an 17' think its an 1985??? fi you have pic or know what it is can you let me know ?
IMAG0220.jpgIMAG0231.jpgIMAG0232.jpgIMAG0221.jpg
let me know here or email me..
mark_plyer@hotmail.com

smallies4evr

Cadet
Re: blue fin ? need help

Kind of hard to tell exactly, but it appears to be a Fish & Ski. I'm looking at your photo of the transom area and it appears that you have shelf/step on each corner and the piece of deck that is laying on the center hull area looks to be the piece that fits in the raised forward deck area of the boat. I've seen many pictures of restorations of Bluefin boats on this form check them out. Good luck on your project.

mlplyer

Recruit

Thank you .. that will help. still cant get an idea on how it did look ..

mlplyer

Recruit

if the rain would stop so i can go work on it,,,
will post more pic soon. so if you see some thing that i may de doing wrong Please let me know..

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

mlplyer, this is a VERY active forum but I don't think you're going to see much action down here in the Blue Fin section. We've got a TON of tinnie restos going on here, mostly Starcrafts (which are built very similarly to your vintage Blue Fin) so I'd recommend you start a thread up in the restoration section. You'll get lots of help, I promise. Welcome to iboats!

(My Starcraft SS is very similar to your boat so you may get a few ideas from my project as well. Link in my signature.)

rwhodel

Seaman Apprentice

For windshields, try craigslist. I know up here in the Seattle area, there are multiple listing for boat windshields for sale. I picked up a windshield that was like brand new for $75.