My New Boat

A Huge Nerd

Recruit
Just bought a 1985 Blue Fin a couple of days ago. Got a fantastic deal, too. I'm not completely sure of the model. I think it's the Fish & Ski. It's around 16', and has a 50 hp Mercury. It runs great, and has new seats/floor.

My family and I are very excited to upgrade from the old, beat up Larson 14' aluminum with the 1957 Johnson Sea horse 18. This new boat will suit us just fine.

If anyone out there has advice for me on this boat, I would appreciate it. I want to take care of it, like the previous owner did. I think he almost cried when I towed the old girl away.

Here's a few pics. I got these from the previous owner. I'll take some of my own, soon.

Attachments

• Full.jpg
    Full.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Lowrance.jpg
    Lowrance.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Motor.jpg
    Motor.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 1

geeco1

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: My New Boat

Congrats on the boat. I have had mine for just about a year now, and have been real pleased with it. I think that the aluminum boats are easier to maintain than fiberglass, but that is just my opinion. If you ever get to the point that you need to do a restoration or repair, there are lots of helpful folks in the restoration forums on this site. These boats are almost identical to the Starcraft aluminum boats, so most of what the starcraft owners say, will apply to you as well. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.