tri-toons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tri-toons

what will a bennington tritoon do for top speed with a yamaha 150 four stroke do,looking at buying, any other advice would be greatly appreciated,

Re: tri-toons

With or without chines?
    you will pick up a little speed with chines but I would say anywhere from 25-30 MPH for a 22'.
    The 22 is a good size boat, not real heavy but still big enough to do the job.
    If you contact bennington directly I am sure someone can tell you exactly how fast that combination will go.
    The number is 574-294-6336
    GO IRISH!!!!

Comment

Go to Yamaha's site. They have performance bulletins.
      2008 Bennington 2275 RLi Anniversary
      2008 Yamaha F150
      "Mai-Toi"
      Connecticut River

Comment

My 2008 2275RLiC with ESP and a Yamaha 150 and nobody but me (280lbs) on board did 43mph on relatively calm waters.

It was even more fun once I got the power steering connected! Corners on a dime.

Cheers,
        Russ
        sigpic
        Bennington 2275 RLiC w/ESP + Yamaha F150

Comment

I just bought a 2008 Bennington 2075Rli SSR with the ESP and a 150HP Yamaha and am getting around 38-39 MPH. SturgeonLake, i noticed you have a larger boat with the same motor but you are getting a higher speed. What pitch prop are you running and what RPM's are running at? I agree, it will corner just as good as any runabout i've been in.

Comment

We took our new 2008 Bennington 2075RLi Tri-toon with Yamaha F150 and three pair of strakes out today for a test ride with the dealer and hit 44mph on smooth water. It did better by 6mph than the comparable 2008 Bennington 2075RLi Tri-toon with Yamaha F150 ESP that we tested previously. It did not corner near as well as the ESP but the difference in speed was amazing.

Comment

Jerry1947, What prop size/pitch are you running?

Comment

Bennington SSR
                Our prop is a Yamaha Reliance Series Stainless Steel 14 1/2 15-M. We got the boat home and took it out yesterday (without the salesman) for the first time. The boat ran great but only hit 40mph on my hand held gps. Since I was only looking for 30mph cruise I am extremely happy. Here is how it broke down per the gps 3,000rpm - 15mph, 3,500rpm - 20mph, 4,000rpm - 25mph, 4,500rpm - 30mph, 5,000rpm - 35mph and 5,500mph 40mph. It seems the speedo was off some on our test ride and yesterday it didn't work so back to the dealer for a warranty. Great boat and we love it so far.

Comment

I have a stainless prop, but I don't know the pitch...sorry. My speed was given by the motor, I do not have my GPS mounted yet. Top speed was attained at 5800rpm. The speedo clogged after 3 days, and according to the mechanic, is now "cemented" full so will never work again (so I'm told.)

Makes no difference to me anyway, I only need to know what 10mph is so I don't get yelled at by shoreliners...;-]

FWIW, I went out yesterday on reasonably calm waters with 4 adults (3 of them 200+lbs) and a child. We pulled 2 people on a Big Mable "too fast"...;-] I was doing 180 degree turns that were ~twice the boat length, it was awesome.

Now only if my dealer and Bennington didn't suck so bad at customer service...

Cheers,
                  Russ
                  sigpic
                  Bennington 2275 RLiC w/ESP + Yamaha F150

Comment

Originally posted by redd53 View Post
                    what will a bennington tritoon do for top speed with a yamaha 150 four stroke do,looking at buying, any other advice would be greatly appreciated,
                    I bought a 2575GL Bennington tri-toon with a Yamaha 150 last summer and have 38 hours on it to date. With 3 or 4 people on board I can get over 40 mph, measured by my Garmin navigation unit. With a full load I can get into the mid 30's How fast fo you want to go? There's a dealer near me that puts in big-block V8's and recommends the new eliptical pontoons. They claimed they could get close to 70 mph. Bennington tri-toons are the highest riding pontoon boats available and I think the fastest, depending on the power you choose. We love our Bennington and so do our kids and grandkids! Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Comment

i have a 24 sli tritoon express and with 4 people in the front i cant even plane off all i get is alot of ventilation at the prop and the boat plows, all this with a 150 4 stroke 2011 boat

Comment

Working...
                      X