2000 Bennington pontoon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Bennington pontoon

Hello. I am new to boating and bought a 2000 bennington pontoon boat, with a Yamaha C40TLRX motor. With the hose connected to the motor, when I place it in reverse or forward, the motor does not increse in rpms. Is this normal? It only changes prop direction.Thanks.Chino5

Re: 2000 Bennington pontoon

Welcome to iboats Chino. When you place lever in forward and it goes in gear, just push the lever a little more forward and the rpm's will increase. That is it's throttle, the more you move it forward, the more rpm's it gains.Same way in reverse although some engines are set up to just give you so many rpm's in reverse.Again, welcome to iboats and keep posting.

"JUST KEEP ON, KEEPING ON"
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Comment

Re: 2000 Bennington pontoon

Chino, I strongly recommend you enroll in a basic boating class. You are potentially dealing with yours and others lives on the water. Sometimes there is no room for learning on the fly.

Comment

Working...
      X