Just got my first boat

Naslund

Cadet
I successfully bought my first boat, 16ft Beachcraft- Bow rider. It is so clean and well maintained. I guess I have alot to learn but can't wait. I'll take some pics in the morning (posted 1 in the last thread). Although I bought a 1979 ford f150 just to tow it but the wiring on the truck isn't working right. All I seem to get is a very weak left and right turn signal, no running or brake lights. I know the trailer is fine, thinking I will try to replace the 4 pole flat connector tomorrow and hopefully it's just corrosion. If anyone can think of something else to try please let me know.

Thanks
Naslund

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: Just got my first boat

Congrats naslund, looking forward to seeing the pics.

As far as the truck lights, check all the ground connections and don't try hooking up your trailer lights till you have the truck lights working properly. You might want to post this question in the non boating technical forum.

btw, your trailer connector should have it's own ground terminal. Do not rely on the trailer hitch to provide adequate ground for the trailer lights.

tpjimmie

Recruit

I also just bought a Beachcraft. Went to Chehalis to pick it up this weekend. She will now rest and play in Idaho. Excellent shape 89 19' cuddy cabin 4.3 OMC Corbra ~600 hours. Interior in perfect condition. Does anyone know any history? It didn't come with a owners manual. Does anyone know how to get one? From reading this forum it looks as if Beachcraft is no longer around. The previous owner said it was part of Reinell and the boat has Reinell written on it. Any way just wanted to say hi as I am new to the Forum.....

Jim

forumImage.jpg

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

I also just bought a Beachcraft. Went to Chehalis to pick it up this weekend. She will now rest and play in Idaho. Excellent shape 89 19' cuddy cabin 4.3 OMC Corbra ~600 hours. Interior in perfect condition. Does anyone know any history? It didn't come with a owners manual. Does anyone know how to get one? From reading this forum it looks as if Beachcraft is no longer around. The previous owner said it was part of Reinell and the boat has Reinell written on it. Any way just wanted to say hi as I am new to the Forum.....

Jim

View attachment 3780

As a recent owner of a '76 variety Beachcraft, I also found an absence of information about the brand. Subsequent inquiries show them to have been, originally manufactured by Britton Boat Works in Salem Oregon. At some point in the 80's the were bought out but I never heard the name Reinell associatied with it. A short time late they went belly up. There is currently a boat repair facility in Salem with Britton's name on it. I spoke to a guy who had been with the manufacturer at the time my boat was built but they have no archieves or manuals for the boat. I think the guy is a relative of the original manufacturerer.

The only manuals you actually need are for the drivetrain and they are not boat manufacturer specific so you can get plenty of info on that. Also if you have any specific questions about the mechanicals, you should post them up in the I/O forum.

Feel free to start your own post here and add lots of pictures of your boat. Maybe we can end up with an archieve that shows all the years and models of Beachcrafts.