Anyone know when Bayliner stopped glassing in seat bases?

QuietRider21

Seaman
hey, i have 98 capri 1802 with the typical lounge seats/bases.. I'm assuming these bases are glassed in to the floor, however a rep from bayliner 'thinks' they were fastened in with screws/brackets by 1998. And if they are glassed in, would there be a void or hole in the decking where the seat base covered if i removed them. im asking because i'm considering pulling the drivers side lounge seat and installing a pedistal seat but would like to avoid a headache. i cant seem to get a solid answer. Has anyone here actually removed the seats out of a '98 or newer capri? thanks

britisher

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Anyone know when Bayliner stopped glassing in seat bases?

I'm a SR owner, not a Bayliner person, but have you tried dismantling the seat structures at all yet, like removing the cushions? I am sure that gaining access to the insides of the bases would tell you in short order how they are attached to the boat deck.

QuietRider21

Seaman

well, i just lifted up the seat cushions today and the bases are closed off just a few inches from the top.(so i have no access inside) unless i cut into it. they must be glassed in. Not sure why they did this..but my concern is if i cut these bases out where they meet the floor, will i have a hollow void underneath where the seat base structure was? i'm hoping not..

oldjeep

Admiral

They will be sitting on the plywood floor, but the floor underneath them will not be glassed.