bow rail deck fittings

keithreed

Recruit
Hi all, I have a bayliner Cierra 5655 and it is running beautifully. I do have a problem I need to change the base fittings on the bow rail. I can see they are attached to the deck but unsure if they are actually screwed or do they have a nut and washer on the underside. The underside is near impossible to get to with out taking out the upholstery. The same for the cleats on the aft end of the deck. My question is are the screws just into the hull? I don't want to start taking them out if there is a nut on the underside. Hope someone has experienced this before and can advise me.
Keith.

CaptainKickback

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: bow rail deck fittings

Some are through bolted (best method), some just use screws. Hopefully, there is a way to get at this area from inside. Maybe some button covered screws holding the upholstery.

Pics inside and out would help.

Sea ya...

keithreed

Recruit

Thanks for your help. I will take a couple of pics next time down at the boat. The challange then will be to get them on here ha ha.
Keith.

NYBo

Admiral

Welcome to iboats!:cool:

Bayliner through-bolted the cleats and grab bars on my lowly Capri, so I think it likely they did so on your boat also.