Bayliner 245 (2004) Boat Seat Swivel?

specialeducator

Recruit
Hello all,

Question, has anyone replaced their factory 2004 Bayliner 245 "fixed" driver seat with a swivel chair? What kind did you use and/or recommend? How about clearance? How was the install?

I have noticed that my driver seat chair is falling apart, the wood inside is rotted as well as some wood above the cooler storage seat, the lounge chair, and the rear top seat which completely rotted inside. Of course the metal bar frame that hold the rear seat up was attached to this wood which is now rotted and makes the seat useless. I am replacing the wood with starboard, however, I want to know if anyone else had this issue and I would love to change my drivers seat to a swivel so I can use the seat while fishing to face the aft and or hang out and be able to face others while partying. Any ideas or suggestions?

I have a 2004 245 Bayliner, excellent condition. Yes, everything has broken accept the Merc! Through my experience with this lovely boat, I have learned quite a bit about boating. First lesson, LOTS OF $ cause everything breaks, even the smallest of stuff to the biggggggg stuff. However, if you learn how to do things yourself, it will save you tons of money! This weekend we took off the outboard, replaced the pump and gaskets, re greased, cleaned all the marine growth, painted and changed drive fluid. Fun!

My water pump broke this year, probably froze. Thought i did a good job winterizing! Tonight we replace the gas sender and possibly gauge, it never worked to begin with! My shower pump bilge also died, it unexpectedly turns on for no reason! I have replaced the glass window, it smashed when i forgot to close the brackets before a window storm, I replaced it with plexi-glass. $40 versus factory $800! Just as clear if not better, just don't stand on it! Replacing vinyl windows this week, cant do that myself, don't have a sewing machine, so its 300 for front panel and 150 for both side curtains. Had to replace horn, nav lights, radio, speakers, lights in cabin, rug, side rubber rail, and anchor housing cap. Always something!

Last night i replaced the back lounge fold chair, i took out all staples in the vinyl, and had to replace teh wood inside, cheap, not pressure treated, with star board and put it all together and re stapled. Came out nice. I noticed all Bayliner wood is not treated and is will rot in time! Replace it with starboard.

My bar that holds up the main window on the dashboard brakes every year, and the screws on the door panel to the cabin rust and usually loosen up throughout the season. My carpet always stains, and fabric on walls also stains with a hint of water. We are always scrubbing the carpet to remove stains. I do not have air, although i would love it!

My biggest job was this year, fixing the Venture 6500 trailer! Double tandem axle, all leaf springs broke and hub bearing cracked and replaced disc brakes. Worst part was boat was on trailer so had to jack trailer up with boat on it and blocked it, replaced springs, hub and disc brakes. Upgraded Disc to 12 inch and upgraded springs to 4000 lbs per axle, more than enough to handle boat. I only use the trailer twice a year to put boat in and out however, id like to use it more.

:cool:

Special Educator

Last edited: