• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • ALL iboats Forum Members and Guests:
    To show our appreciation for your participation in the Forums, we're offering an exclusive Forums-only discount good for an additional 5% off your iboats.com order for a limited time.
    To redeem, simply call our Customer Service Team at 800-914-1123 (Open M-F, 9am - 8pm Eastern Time) and mention the Forums 5% off discount. Offer excludes engines, trolling motors, and electronics.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boat identification on a 1990 Bayliner Capri

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat identification on a 1990 Bayliner Capri

I have been trying to figure out if I have a 1990 Bayliner Capri 1800BR or 1850BR. Can anyone tell me how I can find out which I have? Is there a tag on it somewhere? What is the difference between the two? Length?

Thanks
    1990 Bayliner Capri 1850 BR - GM 3.0L Mercruiser Alpha One Sterndrive.

Re: Boat identification on a 1990 Bayliner Capri

Call 360.435.8957. That is Bayliner customer service and give them your Hull identification number. They can tell you the model and send you an owners manual for free. They are very helpful.
    1990 Bayliner Capri 2150 with 5.7L Alpha One

Comment

Thanks for the number, I'll call them tomorrow.
      I have a manual but it covers a bunch of Capri models and sizes with no clues on how to ID my boat.
      1990 Bayliner Capri 1850 BR - GM 3.0L Mercruiser Alpha One Sterndrive.

Comment

If you're boat is an I/O (& it appears to be so) it should be an '1850'. The '1800's were typically the outboard boats (such as mine). The same rule holds true for the 19' and 20' boats...both outboard and I/O.
        That said, I don't know if the designation difference means an actual true change in boat length or not tho'.
        Hope this helps.
        BP
        Big Prairie
        90' Capri- 90 Force
        Apparently....Newt Gingrich has several Pete Seeger records that he hasn't disclosed.

Comment

this is what I have been told also...the "50" designates I/O
          Samuel Adams. Always A Good Decision.
          1987 5.0 OMC capri 1950CX bowrider, 3 bow 6 ft. Westland bimini
          sigpic

Comment

I am also having the same problem as you are. I have a 1990 Bayliner Capri. My biggest problem is i dont know what size motor I have. I know it is an inboard, has three cylinders, three one barrel carbs, and takes a fuel/oil mixture. It says "force" on the back of the boat. The fly wheel and flywheel cover were gone when I got the boat. It says SN 1432 and model 90ld90c. If anyone can help me I would be very thankful.

Comment

You have a 90 hp Force outboard mated to the 'L' drive. Better hope nothing breaks - if it does just take it to the dump. That's not criticism, just a reality check for you.
              Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance

Comment

Working...
              X