Locating Trophy 2459 replacement hand rail parts....

KewlBird

Petty Officer 1st Class
Can anyone help me locate replacement handrail parts for a 1990 Trophy 2459. The boat was used in saltwater and all the chrome has peeled or is bubbling. One of the fittings has actually disintegrated into pieces. Here's the pictures of some of the fittings I need. I know I can get similar ones but I would like to get the same ones to avoid drilling new holes and possible misalignment of the original holes with the new parts. Also on the Perko rod holders, is aluminum good choice for freshwater?
Thanks.

trophy.jpg

trophy3.jpg

trophy2.jpg

gcboat

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Locating Trophy 2459 replacement hand rail parts....

Hey KB,

As far as finding the original fittings are concerned consider yourself SOL, unless you can find some NOS laying around in a Bayliner dealer - somewhere.
Those old Zamac fittings were fine for freshwater but any salt environment they are history - obviously.
I have found that pretty much all of the newer fittings ( stainless) from West Marine will fit the holes minus one. Don't have the slightest clue as to why this happens but thinking it's somewhere in the machining process or lost in the Chinese translation of it all.
I've bought Perko and Sea Fit, both the same. Have a couple on order from Taco but not here yet so can't respond to them.
I've pretty much given up on trying to match all of the holes perfectely so I''ve just been filling the odd ones with some 5200 - should be good to go.
Don't give up the ship yet - keep pounding the phone and hopefully you'll be able to come up with something. I just got lazy and said screw it !!!.

KewlBird

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well, I found the 30 degree fittings in original form. Thayer Marine
said that they can get them and they are $23 each. I didn't check for the other stanchions but I figured if they can get the odd ones they can probably get the other ones as well. It's a bit on the pricey side so I'll keep checking with other dealers and see if they can get replacements....

KewlBird

Petty Officer 1st Class

Update:

I just ordered the stanchions from a Bayliner dealer. Apparently at one point Trophy decided to switch from Zamak finish to Stainless steel on the rail fittings. The new part number on the 60 degree end rail is 17019956 and I will post the one for center rails once I get them. The 30 degree ones I decided to buy in aftermarket in order to get them in Stainless steel. I found them on ebay and it cost me $32.70 for 4 including shipping, they look like they will work. I will update this post once I get the parts.