New owner of used 1989 Bayliner Capri

phonedrn8

Seaman Apprentice
Hey new to the site and New Boat owner , Picked up a 1989 17' bayliner capri w/ 85 force engine and trailer. got all for 500.00 It is my new project im getting into. were can I find a service manuel for the engine and boat.
What do i need to know about this boat good bad ugly. Does any have or had one?

jddenham

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: New owner of used 1989 Bayliner Capri

Yeah I got one for $700 and it didn't even have a motor.

azlakes

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Hey new to the site and New Boat owner , Picked up a 1989 17' bayliner capri w/ 85 force engine and trailer. got all for 500.00 It is my new project im getting into. were can I find a service manuel for the engine and boat.
What do i need to know about this boat good bad ugly. Does any have or had one?

Hey there... I picked my outboard manual from amazon. Its a Clymer Force Outboard manual which you can get relatively cheap. Boat manuals I am not certain but information wise a gold mine here at iboats forums. Does your O/B currently run? There is a long list of things to check from decks, transom, compression, etc.. Any idea of how your boat was maintained or last saw water prior to you getting it? A pic would be great to see your new boat.

Good luck!

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

yeah the clymer is as good as any for a Force, 89 was built by US Marine, that was bought by Brunswick (mercury). doubt you will find anything on the boat, usually all they had was an owners manual, all it told you was how to wash it.

post your motor questions here:http://forums.iboats.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28

manofprawnz

Seaman

:)Great little boat, we purchased the 1990 model last year, it has been just great. Ours is an I/O so slightly different layout, but the hull seems good. Seen lots around in this age group so says something about it I guess.

phonedrn8

Seaman Apprentice

i have pics comming soon

phonedrn8

Seaman Apprentice

here are some pics
having posting issues

phonedrn8

Seaman Apprentice

ok photobucket
HPIM1038.jpg

HPIM1025.jpg

HPIM1022.jpg

jddenham

Petty Officer 1st Class

Your upholstery is in the same shape as mine. Let me know what you end up doing with it.

You can probably find a used center windshield on ebay.

Bigdoodge

Recruit

I just picked up the same Boat for $480 the motor runs strong the interior is in great shape a little cracking on the top of the vinyl but seats in great shape and i got the trailer and a knee board a set of water skiis and a few extra parts. I was wondering does anyone know the fuel capacity on the tank? I will post pics soon.

NYBo

Admiral

Welcome to iboats, Bigdoodge!:cool:

You have a 21 gallon fuel tank.

BTW, it is considered bad netiquette (and against forum rules) to dredge up a thread that was last active more than a couple of months ago. Just start your own thread.

RoxyPepper

Recruit

I just got a Bayliner Capri and the interior is sun damaged, but the seats aren't awful. I don't want to replace them just yet though. I found some covers for the back-to-back seats, but I'm not really sure what to do with the seats on the bow and the back ones by the motor. Photos show the areas I'm referring to. Any suggestions on what to do without fully replacing?IMAG0367.jpgIMAG0369.jpg

NYBo

Admiral

Welcome to iboats, Roxy.

You should start your own thread instead of resurrecting this one.