Water Shot 15 Feet Out Of The Carb

epoxy

Cadet
hi my name is greg i have a 1988 20.7 Beretta 4 cylinder aq131d Volvo Pena with a275 Volvo out drive i put new 'points ,cap , rotor,plugs,wires, fuel pump,fuel filter , new starter,ground wire on alt, over fill breather,new battery's ,lower unit oil,new zinc's . new tank of 94 octane gasoline , new speed o pick up . i put the boat in the water started great ran great all gauges working took off.all was great plain ed off well , went around the small bay a few times then the boat died like someone tured the key off .i started to crank the motor over and a 15 or 10 foot shoot of water came shooting out of the carb i thought i was seeing things ,i then removed the engine cover completely. hit the key again and another burst of salt water shot out of the carb then the motor wouldn't do anything just clicks as this motor is antifreeze cooled and the engine temp gauge was at 120-130 degrees and it was not anti freeze for sure that shot out . could ithave something to do with the exhaust manifold .as i do not know if the riser's or mainfold have ever been changed .what do i need to do now besides pull the 4 plugs then crank motor over to clear the cyclinders maybe put some oil spray in each cyclinder and crank it over so they will not rust oil change what eles do i need to do please help..............
also the tilt works when it wants to if i bang or push or pull on the box with the relays and switch behind the engine the lite will come on the dash for the tilt and the up wont work only the down play with the box more push it up or down it starts to work again but when i need it to work it fails me i need it to work all the time please help me i thought i did the pre season work but now i do not know anything help me everyone please greg god bless thank you

JaSla74

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Water Shot 15 Feet Out Of The Carb

I can't answer your question, but you'd have better luck posting this under here

colobiker

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Water Shot 15 Feet Out Of The Carb

thats a for sure oh sh*t....

sounds serious...very very serious