1985 Baja Islander 16

jpayeur01

Cadet
I just bought a 1985 Baja Islander 16' with a 115hp Merc. I am curious if anybody has tried mounting a Ski Pylon and if you can recommend a good pitch Prop for pulling Skiers...Thanks for any input you can provideBaja2.jpgBaja7.jpg

ThndrSki

Seaman
Re: 1985 Baja Islander 16

I just bought a 1985 Baja Islander 16' with a 115hp Merc. I am curious if anybody has tried mounting a Ski Pylon and if you can recommend a good pitch Prop for pulling Skiers...Thanks for any input you can provideView attachment 85067View attachment 85068

I've never mounted a ski pylon, but a little information about your current prop would help us determine what you are experiencing.... What is the diameter, blade, and pitch (cup, no cup?) of your current prop, including WOT RPM with a light load of fuel and just you in the boat....

zombie stig

Recruit
Re: 1985 Baja Islander 16

I have basically the same boat, I was lucky enough that the PO had installed a wakeboard tower. I'm mostly a skiier but I'm looking for a wakeboard to start picking that up. So my point is, the tower is pretty cool to ski from. I'm used to being towed by smaller boats that I'm able to pull the back end around a bit once I dig in on a salom, but with the tower I'm not heavy enough to pull mine much.