Need Advice real quick

MAXXIE

Chief Petty Officer
I just came across a deal (at least I think it's a deal), 1985 Baja Islander open bow with brand new ez-load trailer $1500 "asking". The boat is in perfect condition all around, except the out drive needs work. OMC drive is all I know at this time. The add also reads: V-6 engine. Is this worth the $1500? Is it worth my time & money? Will an out drive be hard to find? Will an out drive from mercruiser alpha one fit? As you can tell by now I know nothing about boats, I can deal with engines. Advice? Thanks
Oh Well, So much for real quick.........

NSBCraig

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Need Advice real quick

Not sure about drive post that question in outdrive section.

Check hull real good it's cored with balsa so make sure it's not rotting apart on you.

Also scream and fly.com is a better resource for your interests.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

You'll never get a "real quick" response down in one of the manufacturer sections. Anyway, being an '85 I think that's an OMC stringer drive and you don't want ANY parts of that beast. Not readily convertable to anything else.

MAXXIE

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks guy's, I think the boat has been sold. I went looking for it at the lake it should have been at & could not find it (I didn't have an exact address), & the ad I saw on line has been pulled.

rndn

Commander

Thanks guy's, I think the boat has been sold. I went looking for it at the lake it should have been at & could not find it (I didn't have an exact address), & the ad I saw on line has been pulled.

You were very lucky it was gone by the time you went to look at it. Very bad drive to get into owning.