88 Baja Scat Cat

cm5408

Seaman
I was getting ready to sell my smaller boat because the wife says i have too many toys and the yard is starting to look a little silly when i discovered that not too many people have ever heard of the Baja Scat Cat. I wanted to share a little information about this interesting boat that i have known for so long<br /><br />This was a sprint boat in the late 80's that was designed by a Grand Prix F1 racer Renato Molinari. This little sprint boat was "the one to beat" in racing. Notice the gap!!<br />
ef64edc6.jpg
<br /><br />My grandfater purchsed this boat for me in 1991 and finally gave me the boat and title last year. It is a very sporty and unique catamaran. The Johnson 25hp motor will run this boat at speeds around 30 mhp. The boat used to go 34 when i was younger (and 100 lbs less ha ha). I have seen people use 45 hp outboards and reach speeds over 50mph! I am going to take it down to a local marina to see if he can sell it, but i wanted to see if it would draw any attention here first.<br /><br />
ef65093f.jpg
<br /><br />
ef650900.jpg
<br /><br />
ef6508cf.jpg
<br /><br />
ef650883.jpg
<br /><br />
ef65083f.jpg
<br /><br />
ef6507f5.jpg
<br /><br />
ef6507a9.jpg

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 88 Baja Scat Cat

Seen scads Scat Cats...email me off list...<br />bomar76athotmail

mike engels

Recruit

cm5408 said:
I was getting ready to sell my smaller boat because the wife says i have too many toys and the yard is starting to look a little silly when i discovered that not too many people have ever heard of the Baja Scat Cat. I wanted to share a little information about this interesting boat that i have known for so long<br /><br />This was a sprint boat in the late 80's that was designed by a Grand Prix F1 racer Renato Molinari. This little sprint boat was "the one to beat" in racing. Notice the gap!!<br />
ef64edc6.jpg
<br /><br />My grandfater purchsed this boat for me in 1991 and finally gave me the boat and title last year. It is a very sporty and unique catamaran. The Johnson 25hp motor will run this boat at speeds around 30 mhp. The boat used to go 34 when i was younger (and 100 lbs less ha ha). I have seen people use 45 hp outboards and reach speeds over 50mph! I am going to take it down to a local marina to see if he can sell it, but i wanted to see if it would draw any attention here first.<br /><br />
ef65093f.jpg
<br /><br />
ef650900.jpg
<br /><br />
ef6508cf.jpg
<br /><br />
ef650883.jpg
<br /><br />
ef65083f.jpg
<br /><br />
ef6507f5.jpg
<br /><br />
ef6507a9.jpg

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

Don't get too worked up...I sent him a local buyer w/ cash and he jacked the price.......if he really wanted to sell the thing (and they sure as hell aren't that scarce) he missed his golden opportuinity

cm5408

Seaman

Don't get too worked up...I sent him a local buyer w/ cash and he jacked the price.......if he really wanted to sell the thing (and they sure as hell aren't that scarce) he missed his golden opportuinity

Actually we were off by $100 dollars (wanted 2000, asking 1700, "his local buyer offered 1500, i wanted to meet in the middle at 1600, buyer declined).

sold the boat locally for 1600. once he saw the condition, he sold himself.

cm5408

Seaman

actually had "his local buyer with cash" and a local buyer in my county showing interest within the same week. Sold to my local buyer following the offer of 1600 being denied. would have rather sold it to bomar76's contact, and told the buyer that several times ( i had a lot of heart in that boat). I know the boat would have been taken care of and appriciated more from a guy who worked for BAJA.

to each his own...

mike engels

Recruit

cm5408 said:
ef64edc6.jpg
ef65093f.jpg
<br /><br />
ef650900.jpg
<br /><br />
ef6508cf.jpg
<br /><br />
ef650883.jpg
<br /><br />
ef65083f.jpg
<br /><br />
ef6507f5.jpg
<br /><br />
ef6507a9.jpg

OregonWaters

Recruit

Just bought a nice 1972 Scat Cat in good shape. I have not seen as many around as some people indicate.

Attachments

• goodleftside.jpg
    goodleftside.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 0

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Just bought a nice 1972 Scat Cat in good shape. I have not seen as many around as some people indicate.

Welcome to iboats.

Please start a new thread in reference to your boat and leave the old ones in the archives.