Azure 240 problems needing your advice please

MAL240

Recruit
We purchased a 2007 AZ240 from San Antonio and shipped this beautiful boat back to South Africa. A lot of sweat and cost but it is simply better than anything available locally and what is on offer ex USA. The boat only had 30 hours on the clock and was in perfect condition. Used a few times and the following problems have been encountered:

Despite the 350 Mag Bravo 3 combination with dual s/steel props, we battle to pull skiers out of the water.
The speedo and other instruments work intermittently.
There is some or other pump running below deck even when the boat is switched off. Can only kill it when battery terminal is disconnected. Sounds like a bilge pump that is stuck. How do I get to it?
The steering seems to be iffy and the transition from left to right and visa versa is anything but smooth.
I cannot get the freshwater system to function in any way. Does it need to be bled or is there something else I am missing?
The low level cabin light was stolen en route to South Africa. This one is located below the sink and lights the floor area.
The plug/drain for the sink is stuck closed. I am scared to force it open. Any suggestions?
Is there an owner's manual that we can source?

Despite the above problems, we still love this boat but remain frustrated at the small niggles.
Pity the company folded.
Best

MAL240

Last edited:

rmdestache

Recruit
Re: Azure 240 problems needing your advice please

We purchased a 2007 AZ240 from San Antonio and shipped this beautiful boat back to South Africa. A lot of sweat and cost but it is simply better than anything available locally and what is on offer ex USA. The boat only had 30 hours on the clock and was in perfect condition. Used a few times and the following problems have been encountered:

Despite the 350 Mag Bravo 3 combination with dual s/steel props, we battle to pull skiers out of the water.
The speedo and other instruments work intermittently.
There is some or other pump running below deck even when the boat is switched off. Can only kill it when battery terminal is disconnected. Sounds like a bilge pump that is stuck. How do I get to it?
The steering seems to be iffy and the transition from left to right and visa versa is anything but smooth.
I cannot get the freshwater system to function in any way. Does it need to be bled or is there something else I am missing?
The low level cabin light was stolen en route to South Africa. This one is located below the sink and lights the floor area.
The plug/drain for the sink is stuck closed. I am scared to force it open. Any suggestions?

Despite the above problems, we still love this boat but remain frustrated at the small niggles.
Pity the company folded.
Best

MAL240

First, what size props do you have on your boat? Now the pump issue could be one of two things. If you open the ski locker there should be a inspection port forward. Once you open it you should find a bilge pump, and possibly a shower sump pump. Check the float for the bilge pump to see if its stuck. To check the shower sump you must remove the cover, be careful as the tabs break off very easy. The pump has a small knob that can be twisted to see if it works or if its stuck. For the steering I would start by checking the power steering fluid. The steering system is mechanical/hydraulic so there is not a whole lot of variables there. The helm and cable are mechanical, after that its either the pump or ram if not just the fluid being low. The freshwater pump should have a fuse that is located under the dash and access is through the helm storage and behind a vinyl cover. There are a few fuses but the wire should be labled. If not go to the pump and find the wire color, then find that color under the dash. If there is power at the pump then pump replacment may be neccessary. The courtesy lights in the cockpit, your best bet is to hit the internet and find a matching light. Its a 12v LED bullet style I believe. The drain, if one part of the plug is lower than the other your going to want to take a small dowel or something and place it there. VERY light taps with a small hammer should push it in. Pouring a little water in first may help lube the o-ring on the flipper if equiped with one. FYI, these are only recommendations made by my knowledge of this brand of boats. If only one thing is right then your that much further ahead. Good luck and happy boating

BabyBro

Cadet

MAL240

Most lights can be found here: Products

MAL240
The o-ring must have expanded and frozen the swivel. The stick idea posted above should work nicely. Tap it on the star or port side. Pivots on my boat are front and read.

MAL240

The manual is kinda a joke but you can call Cruiser's and they should be able to get you something. If you send me an email address, I can PDF mine for free too...

Sorry to hear about your luck, but I'm glad you have a good attitude!

Also you might want to make sure you "Gallery" switch that pumps water to the sink and bow shower is shut off. I assume your it is the bilge pump, but maybe its this? There are two bilge pumps on some years...

aurora_inTN

Recruit

I have a 2008 Azure 238 with a 5.7 Volvo. Boat would not plane with 4 people and half a tank of gas...put some Nautilus Smart Tabs on the boat this year and it jumps right out of the water. Azure should make tabs standard. They cost around $200 and took thirty minutes to install.

I love My AZURE 238!!!